Chickens poop during sour crop "diet"

caca4chickens

Chirping
May 28, 2013
Hi there!

So my Black Copper Maran has sour crop. It is not to bad and my mom and I have been treating it. We separated her from the flock, massage the crop, feed her eggs w/ olive oil, and give her some yogurt on the side. This has been going on for about 2 days and she is pooping normally, but her poop its self is different. It's clear liquid - looks like water- with maybe a pellet or so of normal poop.

Is this normal??? I just want to know if it is normal for the kind of diet that she is on, and if not, what the deal is?

Help please, if anybody could reply with some information that would be great!

THANKS SO MUCH!

Last edited:
Sounds pretty normal for her situation. Is she outside or inside? How hot has it been?

High temperatures will make her drink more. She also may not be eating a whole lot, which will mean less solid stuff in her poop.

Is her crop less squishy now, after 2 days of treatment?

Hi!
Thanks for replying! She is inside in my dogs crate- see through- like the ones with metal bars. And I don't think she has been drinking soo much because its not hot in the room. And about the crop, it depends on the time of day I would say. I picked her up about an hour ago and it wasn't soft but sometimes it is. And I do believe it has gone down. My mom is going to buy Monistat to get it down.

Hi!
Thanks for replying! She is inside in my dogs crate- see through- like the ones with metal bars. And I don't think she has been drinking soo much because its not hot in the room. And about the crop, it depends on the time of day I would say. I picked her up about an hour ago and it wasn't soft but sometimes it is. And I do believe it has gone down. My mom is going to buy Monistat to get it down.

Back
Top Bottom