chickens seem like they have a cough

pinkado

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 10, 2011
it all started with one chicken, she went broody, so i grabbed her stuck her in a broody box with some eggs, 2 weeks later, i notice, shes wheezing, like an old man who smokes to much, so i pulled her off the eggs, as her health is more imprtant to me than the phesant eggs she was sitting on, at that moment she pooped, pure water, then, i let her go outside to get some greens, figuring it would help, which, it did, she was almost instantly better, but now, a week later, shes fine, but my rooster and black rock are now sounding like they smoke far to much, what is this?, its very odd, and im hoping they will be ok, at this stage, i am worryed about the rest ,is there a treatment?

bump, is there no body who knows what this is?, fyi, my little black chicken died

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. It sounds like it is a respitory issue. Google respitory illnesses in chickens and see if any seem like what you are facing. There is tons of information out there and antibiotics available. However, if it is a respitory thing, they are usually carriers for life and it is recommended that you keep a closed flock as to not spread it. I wish you luck!

im terrified it will pass to my hawks, i will do research, see what i can find out, thanks

You should get some Tylan or put Duramycin in their water immediately. Any time you've got something respiratory going on you make that the first plan of attack!

Is there a problem with using the eggs of chickens on Tylan or Duramycin? I am new to this and have a hen who is wheezing and I am looking for some help. I did look up a vet in my area and will go there if needed.

sgt. cluck :

Is there a problem with using the eggs of chickens on Tylan or Duramycin? I am new to this and have a hen who is wheezing and I am looking for some help. I did look up a vet in my area and will go there if needed.

Most say you should not eat the eggs for two weeks after treatment.​

Back
Top Bottom