Chickens with bright orange and brown oily droppings.

roxyblue

Songster
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
pittsburgh, PA
Hello all!
I have two hens that I have had for almost two months now, they have been pooping these strange oily and orange droppings for at least a couple weeks. I have checked the poop chart and there is a picture of the same poop listed under "normal". HOWEVER, these do not come every eight to ten droppings like it said. They have these every time. (and yes I have been staking out the chicken coop, seeing who poops what.
roll.png
) They are fed layer pellets with a little scratch, lettuce every morning, and the occasional treat of oatmeal or yogurt. i just wanted to ask if anything could be causing this that I don't know about or if i should be concerned.
thanks!
-Roxy

Thanks for the reply!
They have had a whole range of colors, from light yellow to dark brown, musturd color included. I wouldn't describe them as foamy, but they have a sleek shine to them which made me describe them as "oily".
I was planning on getting some valbezene after christmas. they are fat and healthy birds other than that.......
thanks again!
-Roxy

hi.i need to download the different poop on poultry .can it be done free of charge.

I am also writing a book in Afrikaans only for use in South Africa and i'm asking permition to pu some of your items in my book.
please can I do it.

Back
Top Bottom