Help - Can’t figure this out

Disheygirl

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
I have a two year old Austra White who started looking a little sluggish last week. Then noticed runny poop on the board. I brought her inside where she’s been for a week and have done the following so far (nothing is making a difference so I’m just trying one thing at a time):

1. Corid direct dose and in water daily
2. Direct dose goat dewormer
3. Daily (two so far) fish mox 250

She seems to be drinking well, isn‘t too keen on eating (not even Greek yogurt, blueberries, or egg). I don’t smell anything foul around her beak and her crop is soft. Don’t feel an egg and she isn’t doing a penguin stance. Her poop is mostly watery (a lot of water) white and green…once there was what looked like franks hot sauce colored orange in there. She’s still sluggish.

The rest of the flock is fine. Never saw a lash egg or any weird poops other than hers. They are on an organic layer feed, free choice egg shell, organic veggies (squash, blueberries) or scratch as a treat. The treats are limited - once or twice a week. i think she laid about two weeks ago but they’ve all been really lazy this winter and haven’t been laying with regularity so I can’t be sure if that was hers or my other Austra white. I have 16 and was getting 1-3 a day.

What else should I do or look for?

Attachments

• IMG_7318.jpeg
    IMG_7318.jpeg
    458.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7317.jpeg
    IMG_7317.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7320.jpeg
    IMG_7320.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7322.jpeg
    IMG_7322.jpeg
    463.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7309.jpeg
    IMG_7309.jpeg
    752.4 KB · Views: 6
How much Corid do you have in the water? How much SafeGuard Liquid Goat wormer are you giving? How much does she weigh? I would try to keep the bedding as clean and dry as possible. Are you doing the deep litter method or changing it out every so often?

How much Corid do you have in the water? How much SafeGuard Liquid Goat wormer are you giving? How much does she weigh? I would try to keep the bedding as clean and dry as possible. Are you doing the deep litter method or changing it out every so often?
She’s a 4 lb bird - .4 ml of liquid Corid direct 1x a day, and 1tsp in 1/2 gallon of water and refresh her bowl from that a few times a day. (She doesn’t drink that much, I just refresh it)

i’ll have to check on the SafeGuard…I wrote it down and have find my scrap paper.

She’s inside now on paper towels but in her coop I do deep litter with Saturday Lime and it’s always worked really well. Construction sand in the run.

Corid is supposed to go in the water, but you can supplement that with a drench once a day to jumpstart Corid. Corid dosage is 2 tsp per gallon, or 1/2 tsp per quart for 5-7 days. The drench dosage in addition to the water, is 0.1 ml per pound.
SAFEguard liquid goat wormer or the horse paste is 1/4 ml per pound for 5 straight days to treat roundworms, capillary, gapeworms, and cecal worms. To treat only roundworms, the dosage is to give it once and repeat it in 10 days. For a 5 pound chicken the dosage would be 1.25 ml given orally.

Corid is supposed to go in the water, but you can supplement that with a drench once a day to jumpstart Corid. Corid dosage is 2 tsp per gallon, or 1/2 tsp per quart for 5-7 days. The drench dosage in addition to the water, is 0.1 ml per pound.
SAFEguard liquid goat wormer or the horse paste is 1/4 ml per pound for 5 straight days to treat roundworms, capillary, gapeworms, and cecal worms. To treat only roundworms, the dosage is to give it once and repeat it in 10 days. For a 5 pound chicken the dosage would be 1.25 ml given orally.
I just noticed that when she drinks, the front of her gets wet. Could that be anything? I don’t see it dribbling but she’s wet now and standing at her water dish. I just had her out an hour ago and she was dry.

Attachments

• IMG_7356.jpeg
    IMG_7356.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom