Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
In about a week teh babys will start trying to jump out with mom, so you may want to think about moveing her lower to the floor so that when they babys try to follow her they wont fall and get hurt. and mom wont be able to get them back into teh box if tehy get out.

unless it is big enough to cage her in it so she cant get out either, put a very shallow bowl of water in there with marble or rocks in teh bottom so the chicks dont drown, and put a container cover or feeder taht holds chick starter with there chick stater in there.

My hens nest is in an elevated dog house and I made step with flat stones that go up to the doorway and I could not believe it when I saw the little chicks coming down them in the morning and following mama into the coop at dusk, but the "up" took several tries and mama hen kept coming out and showing them till the last one made it in!

make them a ladder to go up and down with.

Quote:
For you or the ducks....
lau.gif

Quote:
My hens nest is in an elevated dog house and I made step with flat stones that go up to the doorway and I could not believe it when I saw the little chicks coming down them in the morning and following mama into the coop at dusk, but the "up" took several tries and mama hen kept coming out and showing them till the last one made it in!

make them a ladder to go up and down with.

hahah so cute, good.
smile.png

put some water and chick feed in with the chicks and momma.

Quote:
For you or the ducks....
lau.gif

roll.png
let me think on that
lol.png

my sister inlaw went to walmart yesterday to grab me a pool, and tehy had NONE, all gone. wow!!

but i found out yesterday there is a state park right down the rd from me, woohoo, but in todays heat we wont leave becouse to worryed about the animals.
thats the main reason i want a pool.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Boy it's a bad one out there today!!! Hope everyone's critters are taking the heat OK. Course us humans have that good ole AC, well-Sarah's show birds, get some in there too, they are in the spare room attached to the house
big_smile.png
That big fat cornish girl is in there puffing in new clean shavings, spoiled brat!!!

Is anyone interested in a Blue Polish pair I bought from Muffi in early April in Westford (price negotiable)? They were both supposed to be pullets, but as of this week, let's just say there's been a dramatic difference in appearance...then...um...mounting....then yesterday "cock-a-doodle-DOOOOOOO!!!! They LOVE each other, and can't bear to be parted, so must go as a couple. The girl laid her first perfect little egg this week.

I can wait and bring them to Shay's (I think???), or if you can come to Tyngsboro for pick up, that would be okay too. Boo Hoooo, they are so sweet and funky!!!--Gail
28974_polish_pair.jpg

Quote:
Aw, so sorry you got a boy. All the Polish I had kept us guessing at their genders. I was so sure about yours though...
sad.png
I give up on trying to sex anything. Everything is straight run unless I've seen it crow or lay an egg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom