Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yes everyone! Please call and make an appointment to get your birds tested. It makes it better for everyone. I am not sure if everyone knows this, but if you have a tested flock and purchase a bird or eggs from aomeone that does not have a tested flock, it automatically VOIDS out your testing. It is such a simple procedure and the testers are very nice that come to do it. It does not hurt the birds and it is done very quickly. I had 2 dozen birds done and it only took him 30 minutes and that was because a few of them were hard for me to catch to give to him! LOL
So to make the Chickenstocks a healthy experience for everyone, please have your flock tested...It is FREE FREE FREE !!
Also, nor sure if everyone knows, but if you dont have a tested flock, Shay and Jose can get fined for you being there and so can the bird owners.

Thanks.
With that said, I will have to ask everyone to bring your Health certificates with you for the next chickenstocks.
It does NOT have to be NPIP , just your regulare health card that you get when your tested. It really no big deal, very easy.

Ading some info.
For testing in mass law,
you need to test
Polutry, turkeys.
You do not have to test waterfowl, pigeons.

Poultry 4 months and up need to be tested,
they test your flock 1 time a year, your first generation from your tested birds do not need to be tested,
example= Say your tested, you have babys form those tested birds, the babys get over 4 months of age , thats ok you do not have to test until your next tested time.

Confused. I know it doesn't take much in my case. Health cert. on top of your blood test cert.?

Quote:
Thanks.
With that said, I will have to ask everyone to bring your Health certificates with you for the next chickenstocks.
It does NOT have to be NPIP , just your regulare health card that you get when your tested. It really no big deal, very easy.

Ading some info.
For testing in mass law,
you need to test
Polutry, turkeys.

they test your flock 1 time a year, your first generation from your tested birds do not need to be tested,
example= Say your tested, you have babys form those tested birds, the babys get over 4 months of age , thats ok you do not have to test until your next tested time.

Confused. I know it doesn't take much in my case. Health cert. on top of your blood test cert.?

LOL, I meant your blood test certificate, lol
I just fixed it.

Last edited:
Quote:

LOL, I meant your blood test certificate, lol
I just fixed it.

Oh good for a minute there I was afraid we were not going to be able to come, that would be sad
sad.png

Quote:
Thanks.

Ading some info.
For testing in mass law,
you need to test
Polutry, turkeys.

Blood test and Throat cultures should both be done in CT to test for both Avian Flu/Resp. and Pullorum. I don't know how MA and NH states do it but, that is what they strongly suggest in CT.

Beth G. :

Quote:

Blood test and Throat cultures should both be done in CT to test for both Avian Flu/Resp. and Pullorum. I don't know how MA and NH states do it but, that is what they strongly suggest in CT.​

Yep same here, the first year they have to do the swabs, after that its your choice about the swabs here in mass.

Beth G. :

Quote:

Blood test and Throat cultures should both be done in CT to test for both Avian Flu/Resp. and Pullorum. I don't know how MA and NH states do it but, that is what they strongly suggest in CT.​

P.S. I'm really new to the testing thing so really you probably should follow Shay and Darbella's advice. I personally am really picky about what I buy and quarantine for a long time and try to put some stress on them to see if their immune breaks down and shows signs of anything. That was before I had the state out to explain it all to me and why it is very very important to get them tested and to only buy from tested flocks. I think Shay and Jose doing this is a really smart rule mainly b/c they expose their own flock everytime they have a chickenstock. I also think it would be a good Idea if all chipped in about the same as BPE which is $10.00 each to help offset her electrically bill too. But, that's just me I guess. Next time I go I plan on giving them money towards having these chickenstocks b/c it takes alot of their personal time and no one in CT does them.
smile.png

If I haven't said it already THANKS Shannon and Jose for having them!! You guys are really great for doign this on behalf of the chicken folks around!!

If any one is interested i still have for sale
White crested black polish standard hen - $12.00
white crested black polish bantam hen- $15.00
2 maran hens - $12.00 each
I also have a few EE crosses hens for sale,
one has feathered feet, dark blue head and lighter blue body, $7.00 each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom