Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Let us know how it works a friend of mine bought a sparrow trap and only caught 2 its been set for 4 months and the other birds wont go near it.I have the same problem the horses look like appalossas and their blankets are disqusting plus they do bring disease

Cool!! Thanks so much for the offer. I am gettong way too old and whimpy for the tent thing
gig.gif

Quote:

Bring a tent hehe
Yep we are going to the show.
smile.png

Quote:
Not sure what kind of goose it may be. You should try calling the feed stores that sold ducks and chicks around Easter to see if they actually sold any goslings and what breeds they were. Maybe that will be some help. The goose is awefully cute and if I were set up for waterfowl, I would take it, but sadly I am a dry land poultry person! LOL

Ducks are Easy! All you need is a kiddie sandbox. We have several of the green turtle ones that people leave out for free....use the lid when they are little and need to be watched, and the bottom for the adults. Our ducks and geese have dog crates in the barn that they sleep in. Very hardy and lots of fun to watch.

Beth G. :

Quote:
Yes and they carry lice, mites and other illness. The tester told me they also can give the birds coryza, great! I would love to catch them but I could not eithanize them, I would have to see what the options for that would be. I hate the thought of drownding anything.

Get a few good hunting cats ladies! I have two great hunters and then tend to keep it under control! The wild birds also spread Mareks.​

HAHA Try 6 cats! And they are good hunters, I have thousands of these things. I would have to get an army of cats.

Humanely euthanizing is using CO2...They just drift off to sleep, so its not so bad. They say actually some falconers may consider taking them as food, or people who raise large snakes. But honestly going to sleep sounds like a better option to me. And the other options they consider humane...I don't and could never do, as much as they bug me!

And the Marek's thing scares me, alot of people near me have chickens, and those little buggers bring it right to your farm by air mail....nice! Plus we used to have Blue Birds, and Purple Martins....not anymore, the sparrows cleared them out of our yard.

Quote:
What do you use as your source of CO2? I have a homemade rig for mixing vinegar and baking soda and letting the CO2 flow into a little plastic tupperware bin. I use it to euthanize chicks that aren't going to make it. It's a messy, imprecise thing, but it works really well. They go very quickly and peacefully. I've been considering getting either like a paintball or a welding CO2 cylinder. Any recommendations?

Quote:
Not sure what kind of goose it may be. You should try calling the feed stores that sold ducks and chicks around Easter to see if they actually sold any goslings and what breeds they were. Maybe that will be some help. The goose is awefully cute and if I were set up for waterfowl, I would take it, but sadly I am a dry land poultry person! LOL

Ducks are Easy! All you need is a kiddie sandbox. We have several of the green turtle ones that people leave out for free....use the lid when they are little and need to be watched, and the bottom for the adults. Our ducks and geese have dog crates in the barn that they sleep in. Very hardy and lots of fun to watch.

Yes, we had ducks years ago when we lived in the city, we had chickens too and none of the neighbors even knew! We used the blue kiddie pools, but as I am much older now, I dont want the mess of cleaning the pools out. When we first moved into this house we had the chickens and a call duck named Aflac...he thought he was a chicken. We have an inground swimming pool and once a day he would run for the pool and do one lap around and then run back over to the flock of chickens! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom