Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year has been a great year! Bought our first chickens, learned about the stock, ended up with more chickens than we thought we would (and I still remember telling Amanda she was crazy for wanting chickens....lol!!!). We will definitely miss everyone and everything from the stocks, but hopefully we'll be able to make it to a couple of the westford ones. We're planning on getting a couple of the surprise batches from some of the hatcheries in the spring, so hopefully we'll have some fun and interesting things to bring then! Thanks again Shay and Jose for hosting these! It's been a blast!!

Last edited:
MikeS(erama) :

This year has been a great year! Bought our first chickens, learned about the stock, ended up with more chickens than we thought we would (and I still remember telling Amanda she was crazy for wanting chickens....lol!!!). We will definitely miss everyone and everything from the stocks, but hopefully we'll be able to make it to a couple of the westford ones. We're planning on getting a couple of the surprise batches from some of the hatcheries in the spring, so hopefully we'll have some fun and interesting things to bring then! Thanks again Shay and Jose for hosting these! It's been a blast!!

Hey Mike and Amanda! How are you guys doing??? I thought I would see you there at Oxford today! There were so many nice birds there. You guys should go to the Congress in Springfield in January if possible! I am hoping to go and maybe even show something if I have any worth showing then!!​

This will also give everyone that has not been tested yet time to go ahead and get there flocks tested so they can attend in the chickenstocks, it is easy, Mass is free, i think NH is free while they have the grants, (if i am wrong soemoen jump in on that )
wink.png

It is very rare that a bird comes up positive, so no one be scared to get the test done.

I even tested a couple young seramas not yet 4 months old and they passed, thank god.
tongue.png

It was so awsome, seeing and meeting everyone, all the new chicken peaple, hehehe
Now lets get more peeps into chickens, lol

Last edited:
If any one is interested i still have for sale
White crested black polish standard hen - $12.00
white crested black polish bantam hen- $15.00
2 maran hens - $12.00 each

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes everyone! Please call and make an appointment to get your birds tested. It makes it better for everyone. I am not sure if everyone knows this, but if you have a tested flock and purchase a bird or eggs from aomeone that does not have a tested flock, it automatically VOIDS out your testing. It is such a simple procedure and the testers are very nice that come to do it. It does not hurt the birds and it is done very quickly. I had 2 dozen birds done and it only took him 30 minutes and that was because a few of them were hard for me to catch to give to him! LOL
So to make the Chickenstocks a healthy experience for everyone, please have your flock tested...It is FREE FREE FREE !!
Also, nor sure if everyone knows, but if you dont have a tested flock, Shay and Jose can get fined for you being there and so can the bird owners.

Quote:
Yes everyone! Please call and make an appointment to get your birds tested. It makes it better for everyone. I am not sure if everyone knows this, but if you have a tested flock and purchase a bird or eggs from aomeone that does not have a tested flock, it automatically VOIDS out your testing. It is such a simple procedure and the testers are very nice that come to do it. It does not hurt the birds and it is done very quickly. I had 2 dozen birds done and it only took him 30 minutes and that was because a few of them were hard for me to catch to give to him! LOL
So to make the Chickenstocks a healthy experience for everyone, please have your flock tested...It is FREE FREE FREE !!
Also, nor sure if everyone knows, but if you dont have a tested flock, Shay and Jose can get fined for you being there and so can the bird owners.

And it's just the smart thing to do... With this much transferring of birds and stuff, we're ALL responsible for keeping each others' birds healthy. And yeah... they make it SO easy.

Quote:

Thanks.
With that said, I will have to ask everyone to bring your blood certificates with you for the next chickenstocks.
It does NOT have to be NPIP , just your regulare blood test cert. card that you get when your tested. It really no big deal, very easy.

Ading some info.
For testing in mass law,
you need to test
Polutry, turkeys.
You do not have to test waterfowl, pigeons.

Poultry 4 months and up need to be tested,
they test your flock 1 time a year, your first generation from your tested birds do not need to be tested,
example= Say your tested, you have babys form those tested birds, the babys get over 4 months of age , thats ok you do not have to test until your next tested time.

Last edited:
Quote:

Thanks.
With that said, I will have to ask everyone to bring your Health certificates with you for the next chickenstocks.
It does NOT have to be NPIP , just your regulare health card that you get when your tested. It really no big deal, very easy.

Ading some info.
For testing in mass law,
you need to test
Polutry, turkeys.
You do not have to test waterfowl, pigeons.

Poultry 4 months and up need to be tested,
they test your flock 1 time a year, your first generation from your tested birds do not need to be tested,
example= Say your tested, you have babys form those tested birds, the babys get over 4 months of age , thats ok you do not have to test until your next tested time.

Shay and Jose,
Thanks for running these chickenstocks... I know we all really appreciate all the work you guys do. I agree everyone should be tested, it really shouldn't be an option... it's free and it's no big deal. Thanks again and have a great holiday season.

Dave & Jen and "the boys"
big_smile.png

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Good Idea. I am now on the CT Quarterly Testing Flock Program. In CT they do charge for a lab fee. It is $1.00 per bird per test. I have mine tested for Avian Flu/respistory disease, and Pullorum. I figure it is better to be safe than sorry!! Plus I dusted and quarantined all my birds that came back with me yesterday and the new ones I bought
wink.png
I will watch them for a week to make sure they do not show signs of anything.

Can't wait till spring to come hang out will you all!! It will be here before we know it
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom