Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good to know about the temperature tolerance for parrots, darbella. I keep my heat at 62, and use the woodstove to heat at night to keep cost down. It's not drafty though. I thought parrots need 70s or warmer. I have ringneck doves, and they do fine - I cover them at night in the winter, just in case.

He really is beautiful. LuvsChickens, I hope you adopt him!!!!
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, just remember "drafts are deadly!" LOL we use a pellet stove in the winter, but during the day when no one is home it can get down to 55-58 in here and they do fine. Sometimes i will cover 3 sides of the cage with a heavy blanket. Remember that birds body temps are hotter than ours so if 3 sides are covered they generat a bit of warmth for themselves.

Quote:
Awww, pretty boy. Have one, Sarah and I went and got him for us and he hates us loves my husband
smile.png
I'm sure she will have no trouble finding him a home, they are cool birds ours talks very well most of the time. He can be loud when he wants something.

Quote:
Awww, pretty boy. Have one, Sarah and I went and got him for us and he hates us loves my husband
smile.png
I'm sure she will have no trouble finding him a home, they are cool birds ours talks very well most of the time. He can be loud when he wants something.

Yes, this one talks up a storm, even talks to himself! He has been here a week and already calls both my dogs names. He has learned faster than any other bird I have had in the past.

Ok peeps, This is a definite, i am doing an articla on teh chickenstock to submit to the magazine Backyard Poultry magazine (i have there permision) So i will be takeing pictures for the july 10 event to send to the magazine i will ask your permision to enter it in and those of you who would like to add a line or two or three about the chickenstocks that would eb great your name will be mentioned and possible your photo, so think now
wink.png
Also they are sending me free magazines to pass out to the chickenstock peeps! yay!

Hi chicken friends, I got a call today from the Fish Bowl in Milford on the oval and they have a customer looking for a couple of button quails. Tell them i told you to call because they respect my referrals. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom