Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
I think that NatJ means that out of a litter of 12 puppies that are all reserved, there were two people that get slightly discounted puppies because they're the 'wrong' gender, with there being extras of a gender within a litter, not extra puppies to be sold.

still doesn't make any sense, haha. I have never heard of that happening

I think that NatJ means that out of a litter of 12 puppies that are all reserved, there were two people that get slightly discounted puppies because they're the 'wrong' gender, with there being extras of a gender within a litter, not extra puppies to be sold.

I did, and DLHOCNT says that a reputable breeder would still have no problem, because they'd have more people on a wait list-- so they could sell the "wrong" gender puppies to folks on the wait list, and put the disappointed folks on the wait list for another litter.

Is that also when they do the personality evaluations, to match puppies with enviorments that will suit them well?

yep! the breeder will choose a dog based on the information you provided. They try to find a dog that will best suit what you want in a dog, and your lifestyle. They will evaluate the dog through its entire lives, but the final eval is done at 7 weeks and at that point you will get a pretty good idea of what puppy is going to be yours.

I did, and DLHOCNT says that a reputable breeder would still have no problem, because they'd have more people on a wait list-- so they could sell the "wrong" gender puppies to folks on the wait list, and put the disappointed folks on the wait list for another litter.

They'd probably put people who really don't want the opposite gender that they inquired for on a different wait list. Then they will look at the wait list and contact people who may be interested in what they have left.

yep! the breeder will choose a dog based on the information you provided. They try to find a dog that will best suit what you want in a dog, and your lifestyle. They will evaluate the dog through its entire lives, but the final eval is done at 7 weeks and at that point you will get a pretty good idea of what puppy is going to be yours.
So you can be like,,, 'we have an average sized house with an average backyard size, we also have a cat and chickens and x number of kids that are x ages' and they'd pick the right puppy? that's so cool!

Back
Top Bottom