Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

I have a gunner kennel, its safer than a harness IMO
Those look really good, I'd just feel bad keeping my dog stuck in a crate. My old golden was so big that he'd ride in the trunk instead of the back seat and he absolutely loved it. The harnesses are like special car harnesses or something- it's the harness and the clips and stuff.

Those look really good, I'd just feel bad keeping my dog stuck in a crate. My old golden was so big that he'd ride in the trunk instead of the back seat and he absolutely loved it. The harnesses are like special car harnesses or something- it's the harness and the clips and stuff.

I have a car harness for when I'm in the Acura, not the flex or the van. But smooshed up in the crate is so much better than in a harness. for a harness to be effective, the dog cant move at all. They are stuck in a sitting position (unnatural for the dog), with no range of motion. In the kennel they can lay down, or turn around.

1616782201799.png

I'm thinking of this type, not this type.
1616782230899.png

View attachment 2586593
I'm thinking of this type, not this type.
View attachment 2586594
yep, in the first one my dog cannot move at all and I feel bad for him. In the crate he can lay down, turn around, and do whatever dog stuff he wants to... especially for long car rides. In the seatbelt. he can't even lay down. It has to be super tight to be effective

I just lock my windows. Don't know how common that is now, but I can lock the passenger window on my side so she can step on it however much she wabts

I think it's a standard feature.

Every car I've ever used with power windows had a lock button for the driver, to make it so children (or dogs) cannot mess with their own windows.
Ah, okay, thanks. I had forgotten about that feature.

Back
Top Bottom