Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Do you guys know which shots they need before they can play with other dogs? I've been able to find things that tell me the ages that they get shots, but nothing that says which shots are needed for what, like going on walks in public places and playing wiht other dogs.

ah gotta say dachshunds are pretty great, I wish they didn't have so many back problems
1618102023504.png

I ask this because we have several! friends with puppies (all older than Finn, but still small) and fenced yards, including ND, and especially with ND, it will be great for both puppies to play and get some energy out.
If you can be sure the other dogs have had all their shots, I expect it would be safe for your puppy to play with them, even before he finishes getting his own shots.

Do you guys know which shots they need before they can play with other dogs? I've been able to find things that tell me the ages that they get shots, but nothing that says which shots are needed for what, like going on walks in public places and playing wiht other dogs.
- So, they definitely need parvo vaccines. (3 of my dogs had parvo, very horrible. So make sure to get that done)
- distemper
- adenovirus
- rabies (these were a bit more expensive, at least for me) - this will be later on when the dog is a little older
- parainfluenza
- coronavirus

Last edited:
- So, they definitely need parvo vaccines. (3 of my dogs had parvo, very horrible. So make sure to get that done)
- distemper
- adenovirus
- rabies (these were a bit more expensive, at least for me) - this will be later on when the dog is a little older
- parainfluenza
- coronavirus
That’s all I can remember for now

Last edited:
Something to keep in mind:
One of my dogs only had the first round of parvo, but still got it later in on. So, it is best to finish the boosters as well before having contact with previously or currently infected dogs. That’s why most vets suggest not to bring your dog out before they are fully vaccinated, because parvo can survive years in the environment as well.

Back
Top Bottom