Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

I've got a good one for you.
I have a beautiful, loyal, in your face dog that is driving me nuts right now. That's not the problem, she's 6 months, she's going to drive anyone nuts.

The problem is that the veterinarian, the techs, and people who meet her treat her as if she is a German shepherd. She's not, and if you look closely you can see that she's not. She doesn't react like a shepherd breed at all and gets confused and scared.

How do I get these people to understand WHAT a Mexican street dog is and that they don't react like a normal purpose bred dog?

View attachment 2723355
How are they treating her?
She is gorgeous!

I've got a good one for you.
I have a beautiful, loyal, in your face dog that is driving me nuts right now. That's not the problem, she's 6 months, she's going to drive anyone nuts.

The problem is that the veterinarian, the techs, and people who meet her treat her as if she is a German shepherd. She's not, and if you look closely you can see that she's not. She doesn't react like a shepherd breed at all and gets confused and scared.

How do I get these people to understand WHAT a Mexican street dog is and that they don't react like a normal purpose bred dog?

View attachment 2723355
Oh my! She looks extremely like a german shepherd!:eek: Did you happen to get her DNA tested?

He looks good! You've overextended his back legs a liiiitle bit- the hocks should be at a 90 degree angle to the ground. Try to keep him looking forward, and make sure that his paws are facing forward, not turned out.
Also, make sure that his legs are lined up with each other, and are squarely under his hips and shoulders- not too far apart and not too close together.
I tried...
His legs just don’t budge sometimes :barnie
But here it is:
This time I think the front legs are a bit off. He gets off- balanced when I try to move them to the right places. I don’t know how people get their dogs’ hips to come lower.
7175CA06-CDA2-4B79-A627-B29CAD9F377E.jpeg

(You do not know how difficult it was to take this pic)

This time I think the front legs are a bit off. He gets off- balanced when I try to move them to the right places. I don’t know how people get their dogs’ hips to come lower.
If the front legs were more vertical, his shoulders would be higher, so his hips would not look so high. (It would not actually make his hips lower, just make his back look closer to level.)

He's pretty!

I tried...
His legs just don’t budge sometimes :barnie
But here it is:
View attachment 2723411
(You do not know how difficult it was to take this pic)
That's great!!
His front legs are too far forward- they should be along a line like this:
1623984818191.png

but they're lined up together really super well!!
For his back legs- his right one looks good, but his left one, the paw should be facing forward and it looks a bit overextended backwards.
Super good job with the head placement!!!

His hips will drop a bit if you get his back legs lined up together like the front legs, but he may just be a high hipped boi.

Back
Top Bottom