Chickidi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickidi, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Chickidi

Chickidi Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2016
    Hi, I live in Northern Florida and would like to put sand in the chickens run, have only four hens. What kind of sand would be suitable for that. The only sand I am familiar with would be the pool filter sand and the play sand. I sure would appreciate a reply, for the chicken coop. is being built and soon the run will be put together. Using the hardware cloth and will will do all three sides. I sure appreciate the replies I have been receiving and the ones for this question.
    Thanks again, Chickidi[​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi, I'd suggest moving your post the "Coop and run - design etc" forum for assistance with your question cos you've posted on the new members forum.

Good luck and i hope you get the answers you are looking for (you can always type something like "using sand in the coop" and see what pops up).

Cheers
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I love your avatar, very cheerful. You could use the search box to help you - put in "Best sand for chickens."

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us.

I buy Mason Type construction sand from a local independent landscaping supply company. They deliver - and dump it by my driveway. It takes a lot of sand and a lot of work to move it into the coop/run but worth the effort.

5. hennypenney

hennypenney Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Galt, CA
    Welcome! Depending on how much sand you need, my husband and I just go to Home Depot and buy the 50 lb bags. We are only covering a small enclosed area though. We use the construction sand and it works very well for keeping things easier to clean.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  6. Chickidi

Chickidi Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2016
    Thanks for your quick response.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by