Chickidi

Chickidi

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2016
Hi, I live in Northern Florida and would like to put sand in the chickens run, have only four hens. What kind of sand would be suitable for that. The only sand I am familiar with would be the pool filter sand and the play sand. I sure would appreciate a reply, for the chicken coop. is being built and soon the run will be put together. Using the hardware cloth and will will do all three sides. I sure appreciate the replies I have been receiving and the ones for this question.
Thanks again, Chickidi
jumpy.gif

Hi, I'd suggest moving your post the "Coop and run - design etc" forum for assistance with your question cos you've posted on the new members forum.

Good luck and i hope you get the answers you are looking for (you can always type something like "using sand in the coop" and see what pops up).

Cheers
CT

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I love your avatar, very cheerful. You could use the search box to help you - put in "Best sand for chickens."

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

I buy Mason Type construction sand from a local independent landscaping supply company. They deliver - and dump it by my driveway. It takes a lot of sand and a lot of work to move it into the coop/run but worth the effort.

Welcome! Depending on how much sand you need, my husband and I just go to Home Depot and buy the 50 lb bags. We are only covering a small enclosed area though. We use the construction sand and it works very well for keeping things easier to clean.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom