Chicks and adult quail

Yes they would. Week old chicks are still so needy and the 6 week olds will be maturing (pretty much full grown), the boys will be wanting to mate, and their pecking order will be established. So new members would upset that completely. The 6 weeks old don't need heat at all as well whereas it's still very essential for the week olds. At 6 weeks old, even same age birds would need to be introduced through wire before they could mix.

Thank you that is what I thought but ever the optimist :)
I think I will just get the 6 6 week olds and will maybe hatch my own further down the line just a shame as I had everything prepared for chicks
well fingers crossed they are friendly and with handling will become more friendly like urs which sound amazing
I think I am going to name them after herbs def a sage, fennel, sorrel maybe, dill and chive are some of my favourites :)

Sorry your chicks fell through. I love the idea of herbs as names. Are you getting all girls? It is fun to breed your own. I recently counted up that our youngest were 2 years old so I've been trying to hatch a few as I don't want to lose that friendliness. Fertility must drop dramatically after a year old (I had read that) as our of 16 eggs only 2 hatched. In cracking open a few eggs I'd be lucky if a third had been fertilized! I am trying again (just don't tell my husband)!

Sorry your chicks fell through. I love the idea of herbs as names. Are you getting all girls? It is fun to breed your own. I recently counted up that our youngest were 2 years old so I've been trying to hatch a few as I don't want to lose that friendliness. Fertility must drop dramatically after a year old (I had read that) as our of 16 eggs only 2 hatched. In cracking open a few eggs I'd be lucky if a third had been fertilized! I am trying again (just don't tell my husband)!

yeah just girls ! X getting very excited now only 3 days too go now ! :)

Back
Top Bottom