Chicks are at the post office!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cmcourt, Mar 13, 2011.

1. cmcourt

cmcourt Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    We have to pick them up at 12:30!!! My husband just finished the brooder yesterday. It will convert into a tractor run after the fuzzi butts [​IMG] no longer need it. What a great guy he is! I will post pics later today hopefully!!! SO EXCITED [​IMG]

We ordered 8 buff silkies, 2 golden polish, 3 white crested black polish, 5 silver laced wyandottes, 5 buff orpingtons, and 5 barred rock plus there will be the "exotic chick" that McMurray throws in. We couldn't make up our minds [​IMG]

2. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    So excited for you! Mine don't come until the first week of April-------good luck! Pictures? [​IMG]

Oh, mine are self-blue silkies, polish, NNs, Ameracauna, and a rare-breed special variety.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Wow...a Sunday delivery??? Post pics ASAP!!

4. JustOneMore

JustOneMore Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so envious!

Our chicks aren't expected for a month. We keep our brooder in the garage and it's still a tad cold here ... I awakened to outside temp of -6F just a week ago!

I'll be looking forward to photos of your new babies. :)

5. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    I just love getting that phone call...How exciting. Good Luck!!

6. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Quote:Cold? Was just up near Plattsburgh and there is still 2 feet of snow on the ground. Are you sure *one* month is far enough in future for chicks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by