Chicks are lost in the mail. :( USPS has no idea where they are.

I took this just a few minutes after I received them.

Here they are in their brooder.
I ordered 25 chicks. I got the 25 + 2 free chicks= 27 total.

This is the free rare chick, any idea what it is?

Last edited:

I took this just a few minutes after I received them.

Here they are in their brooder.
I ordered 25 chicks. I got the 25 + 2 free chicks= 27 total.

This is the free rare chick, any idea what it is?
Dominique
or barred plymoth rock? i know those arent rare breeds but... to me thats what comes the closest... *sighs* im so new to the game dont take my word lol im so glad u got ur babies... u must so so super excited

Oh yes. Keeping the toddler away from them is a job itself. He wants to hold them, and squeeze them, and love them to pieces. LOL!!

I am really happy with my McMurray chicks

After hearing about those that had their chicks lost in the mail and those that had loses due to weather and/or mishandling of the mail, I am worried. I placed an order for 10 chicks in November at My Pet Chicken with the delivery date the week of May 12th. We are in GA so I hope by then it is warm enough for them. Now just I am just worried about USPS getting them to us on time.
fl.gif

After hearing about those that had their chicks lost in the mail and those that had loses due to weather and/or mishandling of the mail, I am worried. I placed an order for 10 chicks in November at My Pet Chicken with the delivery date the week of May 12th. We are in GA so I hope by then it is warm enough for them. Now just I am just worried about USPS getting them to us on time.
fl.gif
im actually really happy that my chicks shipped yesterday... and im gonna get em tomorrow.. cause i checked the weather outlook from missouri to here in arizona and clear skies for their whole trip... *Feels blessed*

fl.gif
Since it's a small order they may be shipping USPS Express. I live in CA and when I order from MPC my chicks ship Express and are here in less then 24 hours. Last time I ordered they shipped out at 4:00 pm on Monday and I had them in my hands at noon on Tuesday.

So at 7:18 this morning i got a text message from my mail lady "penny" as she said you have baby chicks here would you like to come get them? so i responded yes ill be there soon...she said please come to the back carrier door when u get here... hurry hopped outta bed opened my kids room door "get dressed they are here!" so we jumped in the car went to the carrier back door (as we were told) and got them hurried them into the warm car and brought them home... when we opened the box i was very happy to find 5 "HEALTHY" chicks.. all present and accounted for! What a GREAT pleasent experiance!! i will post the video of it shortly... in the chickensforbackyards.com experiance thread

So at 7:18 this morning i got a text message from my mail lady "penny" as she said you have baby chicks here would you like to come get them? so i responded yes ill be there soon...she said please come to the back carrier door when u get here... hurry hopped outta bed opened my kids room door "get dressed they are here!" so we jumped in the car went to the carrier back door (as we were told) and got them hurried them into the warm car and brought them home... when we opened the box i was very happy to find 5 "HEALTHY" chicks.. all present and accounted for! What a GREAT pleasent experiance!! i will post the video of it shortly... in the chickensforbackyards.com experiance thread

Are those Lincoln Logs for a perch? What a great idea. :) I think I will gather up some sticks of various sizes for mine and then attach some to 2x4 so they are off the floor.

I really shouldn't have read this thread, but I already knew the dangers of shipping and know someone near me that had issues with the post office. I have chicks being shipped to me from an individual but shipping is always shipping and once they are on their way there is no more control....

Are those Lincoln Logs for a perch? What a great idea. :) I think I will gather up some sticks of various sizes for mine and then attach some to 2x4 so they are off the floor.

I really shouldn't have read this thread, but I already knew the dangers of shipping and know someone near me that had issues with the post office. I have chicks being shipped to me from an individual but shipping is always shipping and once they are on their way there is no more control....
Yup lol those are lincoln logs.... i was like why waste $$$ on buying one when my kids have lincoln logs ? lol i got my chicks from chickensforbackyards.com im so happy they all arrived healthy and safely.. no fatalities.. i would of been sad if one wouldnt of made it.

Back
Top Bottom