Chicks attacking cockerels with wattles

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
I have 21 chicks and they were all fine up until today... They are pecking two Cockerels wattles! They're 16 days old.

Do I put Blu kote on their wattles?

They are literally grabbing them by the wattles and swinging them around and then all of them start attacking them! I separated the two that have wattles in a big cardboard box with food and water until I can get to the store. Their wattles are a bit bloody and I put vetericyn on them just for now!

Good grief I never knew chicks were so dang vicious!

Their brooder is plenty big, they have plenty of food and water!

Anything you can suggest would be great I have never had this issue with chicks in my life until I hatched my JGs chicks...

I'm not even sure where to buy Blu Kote! I'm sure TSC has it.

Last edited:
It is funny how they are all fine until one day a switch goes off and they change. Little monsters! I'm not certain what would help. I bet they are cute though!

I have 21 chicks and they were all fine up until today... They are pecking two Cockerels wattles! They're 16 days old.

Do I put Blu kote on their wattles?

They are literally grabbing them by the wattles and swinging them around and then all of them start attacking them! I separated the two that have wattles in a big cardboard box with food and water until I can get to the store. Their wattles are a bit bloody and I put vetericyn on them just for now!

Good grief I never knew chicks were so dang vicious!

Their brooder is plenty big, they have plenty of food and water!

Anything you can suggest would be great I have never had this issue with chicks in my life until I hatched my JGs chicks...

I'm not even sure where to buy Blu Kote! I'm sure TSC has it.
TSC has it. Ours had it in the equine section.
Vicious little raptors!

They've grown a lot since these pics. They're savages! I had to jump in the brooder in my socks to save them :lau it was 19 against 2...

IMG_20191114_093357~2.jpg

This is one I want to keep if it's a pullet
IMG_20191105_134404~2.jpg

I went to a swim meet like that today. I didn't care, I even dressed nicely to make it look even more odd.
:lau
One of my daughters signed up for swim team this year. I am so NOT a sports mom. Guess I'm going to have to work at it. Her twin sister signed up for basketball.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom