Chicks deformity

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry that chick is having trouble. The more you hatch the MORE you see. :(

That is splay leg. Some people are successful at repairing it by taping it up. Young as possible is best. It will have a hard time getting around to feed and water and need some help balancing. Here is a link with basic instructions...
http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/splayed-leg

I have been both successful and unsuccessful at fixing splay. But since I breed and don't want weakness bred forward in my own stock or to push them off on others... I no longer will *try* to repair it and consider it a reason to cull... whether hatch injury, incubation mishap, or genetic. :hmm

Best wishes whatever you choose! :fl

Oh... and watching that video again... The slippery news paper *could* be part of your issue.

Maybe some rough paper towels would be better. I use the back side of my Viva. News paper is a VERY poor choice.... I don't know if shredding it will help combat slipperiness or not, but maybe. Even a standard towel will be better. We all start learning somewhere, and that may not have caused your current issue... but it definitely can be a problem. Therefor best to be avoided. :)

Back
Top Bottom