chicks from MMH got here with bad news.

perfectly_polish

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
CT
My order from MMH got here at about 7am. I opened the box in the car and about 6 were already dead some dying. No even 12 hours later 13 have died and its not looking so good for a couple others
hit.gif
. so we have about 31 now, most are looking strong but there are still a couple that look ify. I put sugar in their water and they are drinking and the temp is at 95*. I called MMH and they said to call back Wednesday for the total death number and they would send me another order or store credit. I already ordered 50 more(I got 11 extra, for warmth) and they are coming the 3rd. I hope they make it here okay so I guess I'm gonna have to take the store credit because they said for me to get the exact same order it would have to wait until april because they don't have a lot of the females of the breeds I wanted. So I just went ahead and ordered more, I'll let you know how they do and pictures of the chicks are on there way
big_smile.png

The death count is now 19 and a couple more aren't looking to promising. Do you think they are dying because of a reaction to being vacinated both mareks and Coccidiosis? The others seem to be holding up okay, now I'm not sure if it was a right thing to order more. what do I do
barnie.gif

Last year I ordered chicks (45) that were vaccinated for both Marek's and Cocci and I had only 3 of them die, and only after they were 2-3 wks old.
That's my experience--I plan on getting my new chicks this year also vaccinated.
Good luck with your chicks.
Joan

Well first thing is first. call them up and let them know how many passed. Also let them know you want them shipped at a later date or when its warmer. could be the cold?

Quote:
I called yesterday and they said for me to call back on wednesday and give them the total number, so hopefully no more will die before then.

Quote:
More than likely was the cold. Postal employees just DON'T CARE!
I've ordered twice now from MMH with only 2 fatalities: one goose and one duck. Chicks have always survived and thrived.

Quote:
That's true. I did check the weather for next week and it's suppose to be in the 40's but I may cancle my order for a later date anyway.

Back
Top Bottom