Chicks Hatching

9A396960-9205-4374-813B-A4F1B8380453.jpeg
5B4B19CE-A427-4A64-A420-7C647280D438.jpeg
Okay guys, not much of an update on the unlatched eggs. Other than they’re still going. I MacGyverd an incubator that may or may not work. I know it’s staying warm and humid. :hmm...Mom left eggs and kept flying outta the box. I could tell she wanted to take her babies. So, I put mom and chicks back in the coop and closed it so the other two can’t get in. I’m fairly certain dad would not be gentle with them. Anyway, I kinda just hoped for the best. And here we are, Thursday evening, and everyone is doing great!!! I’m not sure about #5. I finally saw a flutter of movement the other day. But I’m assuming he should on lockdown days by now. Not sure how I missed that one so early on if it wasn’t part of the original set?! But moms doing her thing! First thing she did when I put her in the coop was teach them how to dust bathe. Lol Hopefully, some more will hatch out but if not at least I’ve got these little guys!!

View attachment 1964225 View attachment 1964226 Okay guys, not much of an update on the unlatched eggs. Other than they’re still going. I MacGyverd an incubator that may or may not work. I know it’s staying warm and humid. :hmm...Mom left eggs and kept flying outta the box. I could tell she wanted to take her babies. So, I put mom and chicks back in the coop and closed it so the other two can’t get in. I’m fairly certain dad would not be gentle with them. Anyway, I kinda just hoped for the best. And here we are, Thursday evening, and everyone is doing great!!! I’m not sure about #5. I finally saw a flutter of movement the other day. But I’m assuming he should on lockdown days by now. Not sure how I missed that one so early on if it wasn’t part of the original set?! But moms doing her thing! First thing she did when I put her in the coop was teach them how to dust bathe. Lol Hopefully, some more will hatch out but if not at least I’ve got these little guys!!

:love..aww....adorable!

View attachment 1964225 View attachment 1964226 Okay guys, not much of an update on the unlatched eggs. Other than they’re still going. I MacGyverd an incubator that may or may not work. I know it’s staying warm and humid. :hmm...Mom left eggs and kept flying outta the box. I could tell she wanted to take her babies. So, I put mom and chicks back in the coop and closed it so the other two can’t get in. I’m fairly certain dad would not be gentle with them. Anyway, I kinda just hoped for the best. And here we are, Thursday evening, and everyone is doing great!!! I’m not sure about #5. I finally saw a flutter of movement the other day. But I’m assuming he should on lockdown days by now. Not sure how I missed that one so early on if it wasn’t part of the original set?! But moms doing her thing! First thing she did when I put her in the coop was teach them how to dust bathe. Lol Hopefully, some more will hatch out but if not at least I’ve got these little guys!!
Beautiful rooster!

Beautiful rooster!
Thank you! He’s quite the entertainment. We’ve only had him about 2 months now. He doesn’t like anyone most of the time, except me. He will attack your arm if you’re wearing sleeves. And he literally freaks out if you try to pet his back. But goes into like a trans if you pet his chest. And when I pick him up, he is the chillest rooster I’ve ever seen, he is asleep within a few minutes. He so weird!

1E9166C4-6CEC-4152-88B3-33774959AAF9.png
Update: #5 didn’t make it. Not sure what happened. I think it got too hot while I was trying to figure out exactly what distance to keep them from the heat. So, I discarded that one and another that had no movement. I’ve got two left. One pipped today! Just heard chirping in the garage. Lol! The other still looks go also. So far not to bad for my little make shift incubator.

View attachment 1967830 Update: #5 didn’t make it. Not sure what happened. I think it got too hot while I was trying to figure out exactly what distance to keep them from the heat. So, I discarded that one and another that had no movement. I’ve got two left. One pipped today! Just heard chirping in the garage. Lol! The other still looks go also. So far not to bad for my little make shift incubator.

:woot Good luck with these two eggs!

Back
Top Bottom