Chicks hatching?

welly

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
Red Sox nation MA.
Please help this newbie incubator questions I have had five chicks hatch yesterday at 1:30 pm est and I have not opened the bator my question is how long can I leave them in the bator before I need to remove them.I have one pipping now and don't want to shrink wrap it.My humidity is at 68% during lock down is there a method to removing hatched chicks or do I leave them be?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

You can leave them in there as long as 3 days. After that they will require food and water. I have in the past, opened the incubator and removed chicks without any problems. Be as quick as possible though if you decide to take them out. :)

Tamihunter
THANKYou so much for the advise..
1f609.png

No problem and congrats on your new fuzzy butts!! What breeds are you hatching? I just hatched 4 beautiful Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas! :)

I am hatching Sweedish flower,Crested cream legbar and it looks like I am 2 for 2 so far for hens on the legbars they both have the chipmunk stripe.I have another legbar working its way out now.

A lot of people won't open the bator until they are done hatching, I remove mine once they are active and on their feet. A lot of it is a personal choice and what you are comfortable doing. If you aren't comfortable opening the bator during hatch, then yes, you can leave them in up to 3 days. If you are comfortable grabbing them out to go in the brooder then go for it! Congrats on the newbies and good luck with the rest of the hatch!

A lot of people won't open the bator until they are done hatching, I remove mine once they are active and on their feet. A lot of it is a personal choice and what you are comfortable doing. If you aren't comfortable opening the bator during hatch, then yes, you can leave them in up to 3 days. If you are comfortable grabbing them out to go in the brooder then go for it! Congrats on the newbies and good luck with the rest of the hatch!

THANKYou for the advise I just had one hatch once it's dried I am gonna do a quick grab and remove as many as I can not to lower the humidity.
1f601.png

Back
Top Bottom