chicks in shipping-- tell me not to panic

So by way of update, all the chicks seem really happy now. They are growing like mad. I removed the heat since they didn't seem to need it anymore (at least while inside.). One still sneezes, a bit less than before. I would say at worst he/she was sneezing 2x a minute, and now it is more like every 2-3 minutes. I checked his/her mouth and nothing in the beak. All the others sneeze occasionally, but given that they are in a basement it doesn't seem too alarming. Tomorrow is the last day of antibiotic. I hope they stay healthy after that.

Let's hope they continue to recover.

How about their feathering, do you think it might be useful to take some new pictures?

How about their feathering, do you think it might be useful to take some new pictures?

I have LOADS of pictures-- just the kind of chicken mommy I am. I posted a thread on gendering them. So that shows you what they look like now. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/sexing-8-week-old-faverolles.1429589/

However, if you want to see more -- I have more. Their feathers look so much healthier it is really like night and day. I added some compost pile soil to their pen so they can dust bath. They are very happy.

Any more thoughts on the gender of Cuckoo? He is really acting like a boy -- challenging all the other chickens every time they walk by. Sometimes, he flies on top of the feeder, and then pounces on the back of a smaller bird. If he is a boy, I really need to rehome him soon (which is an issue given the health situation.). He also has really strange coloration for a faverolle, but I wouldn't hold that against him.
cuckoo_8weeks.jpg

Any more thoughts on the gender of Cuckoo? He is really acting like a boy -- challenging all the other chickens every time they walk by. Sometimes, he flies on top of the feeder, and then pounces on the back of a smaller bird. If he is a boy, I really need to rehome him soon (which is an issue given the health situation.). He also has really strange coloration for a faverolle, but I wouldn't hold that against him. View attachment 2417442
I think it's too soon to be sure. One of my Faverolle pullets is pretty sassy.

Back
Top Bottom