chicks in shipping-- tell me not to panic

So by way of update, all the chicks seem really happy now. They are growing like mad. I removed the heat since they didn't seem to need it anymore (at least while inside.). One still sneezes, a bit less than before. I would say at worst he/she was sneezing 2x a minute, and now it is more like every 2-3 minutes. I checked his/her mouth and nothing in the beak. All the others sneeze occasionally, but given that they are in a basement it doesn't seem too alarming. Tomorrow is the last day of antibiotic. I hope they stay healthy after that.

How about their feathering, do you think it might be useful to take some new pictures?

I have LOADS of pictures-- just the kind of chicken mommy I am. I posted a thread on gendering them. So that shows you what they look like now. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/sexing-8-week-old-faverolles.1429589/

However, if you want to see more -- I have more. Their feathers look so much healthier it is really like night and day. I added some compost pile soil to their pen so they can dust bath. They are very happy.

Any more thoughts on the gender of Cuckoo? He is really acting like a boy -- challenging all the other chickens every time they walk by. Sometimes, he flies on top of the feeder, and then pounces on the back of a smaller bird. If he is a boy, I really need to rehome him soon (which is an issue given the health situation.). He also has really strange coloration for a faverolle, but I wouldn't hold that against him.
cuckoo_8weeks.jpg

Any more thoughts on the gender of Cuckoo? He is really acting like a boy -- challenging all the other chickens every time they walk by. Sometimes, he flies on top of the feeder, and then pounces on the back of a smaller bird. If he is a boy, I really need to rehome him soon (which is an issue given the health situation.). He also has really strange coloration for a faverolle, but I wouldn't hold that against him. View attachment 2417442
I think it's too soon to be sure. One of my Faverolle pullets is pretty sassy.

Back
Top Bottom