chicks keep dieing

abhaya

Songster
12 Years
Nov 5, 2010
cookeville, tn
I am having a hard time I got some banty sultan chicks and I am not doing well with them they just dont seem to thrive. I have raised hundreds of chicks so this aint my first rodeo. they all look good next time I come out to check one will be in the middle of the brooder dead. they are not over crowded and not piling on. I lost one to pasty butt but the rest are just dead cant figure out why. any suggestions would be great or are sultans just really hard to raise? all my other banties have done very well

I would call the hatchery where you got them, if they die right away they usually will replace them or give you money off on your next order, if you are experienced then it is probably nothing you did, I ordered sultans a few years back, and polish, and they were in with other chicks, a few kept falling over then they would die, the hatchery told me that they were stressed from the shipment and needed to be warmer if they were falling over. also they told me to add electrolites to their water, like sugar if you don't have electrolites.

Back
Top Bottom