Chicks lost in mail

:fl How's Faith :fl
You need to call the hatchery you ordered this chicks from, they need to contact USPS to find out what the delay was. Weren't they/USPS aware what was in the box? There is no excuse, so sorry for your loss

I did. They are replacing the whole order and sending an extra male buff orp for warmth. Ideal poultry is amazing. They've done nothing but go above and beyond for me. Heather has been a doll. We think they took a detour and were lost for a but and when USPS realized it they have a carrier personally rush it up to my house.

I'm so sorry. What a traumatic experience. But chickens do break our hearts sometimes. The sun will be out today and you have some little ducks to cheer you, even if they don't stay long. Good luck with the new babies. Give us an update when they arrive!

This is so scary! I am new too and have a standing order with My Pet Chicken for chicks to be mailed in April. Posts like this make me nervous! I am so sorry this happened to you. Are they going to send the new order a little later when the weather is warmer? Keep us posted!

This is so scary! I am new too and have a standing order with My Pet Chicken for chicks to be mailed in April. Posts like this make me nervous! I am so sorry this happened to you. Are they going to send the new order a little later when the weather is warmer? Keep us posted!
Girl don't let this scare you. I legit think they got lost. And yours are coming in April it'll be an easier shipment since it'll be warmer.

I'm so sorry. What a traumatic experience. But chickens do break our hearts sometimes. The sun will be out today and you have some little ducks to cheer you, even if they don't stay long. Good luck with the new babies. Give us an update when they arrive!

Reading this made my morning. Thank you for the kind words. All is well today and I'm blessed to have woken up one more day!

I posted yesterday how my chicks departed Charleston wv (3 hours from me) at 5 am yesterday. I was super upset when I called the post office and they said they were due to arrive today from 1 to 5 am instead amd they would call as soon as they opened.... Guess what. Called today the chicks haven't been scanned since 5 am yesterday and they don't understand why. They said the likelihood of them arriving today is slim to none. They can't say for sure if they will even arrive tomorrow. This makes day 4 they've been with the usps. I called ideal poultry and they are always great! They will def replace them but are afraid that they'll be so stressed some may not make it. This is devastating. I know they're chicks but it's like my children are lost in the mail. A fellow chicken mama suggested I make a thread asking for survival tips. I have a mixture of probiotic and electrolyte ready! Any other suggestions if they indeed arrive tomorrow to help them thrive? Plz help. I'd love to hear of others experience with chickens arriving late as well. Did yours pull through

Thanks for any advice in advance! Y'all are lifesavers!
That is absolutely awful that they could lose chicks in the mail. They ought to take extra special care of live animals!! I really hope they eventually reach you all alive and well :fl. Good luck.

It's beyond comprehension that the USPS "lost" live chicks ... I'm sure the boxes are marked & the chicks peep! The hatchery needs to demand some answers, for what we pay for postage/shipping, it's not excuse, not live animals. Sorry, had a tangent.

I’m so so sorry this happened to you. :hugs
This was my biggest fear when I ordered through USPS the first (and probably last) time. I got mine RIGHT at the three day mark and still ended up losing a few. I could tell it was hard on them. That’s why I was honestly grateful when I ended up with two roosters bc I could hatch my own then.

Praying you find some comfort and enjoy your sweet little ducky babies.
Hugs

Reading all of this makes me SO nervous. There is currently a shipment of chicks on it's way to me. The tracking info shows the package is in New Orleans since 8:34 am yesterday morning. That is more than 24 hours ago!! I am in Texas, if I would have picked them up by car I would have been home by now. Went to the local post office, they told me that was the only info she could see too and she is not able to help me further. And they won;t get anymore shipments in today. So, IF they arrive, it will be tomorrow at the earliest. Why does USPS leave a box with live animals somewhere for more than 24 hours?? I really don;t understand. This will be the first and last time I order chicks that will be shipped :(

This is one of the reasons I researched for a fairly local breeder. I was fortunate to find one about half an hour from me that I was comfortable with. I wanted to be sure of his bio security and knowledge. I would have traveled farther if needed to get what I wanted. Plus he raises them till they are ready for the outdoors if need be. I did need that my first time because it was October and I have no brooder.

Back
Top Bottom