Chicks lost in mail

Pics

Bird Lady Outlaw

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2017
Wheeling Wv
I posted yesterday how my chicks departed Charleston wv (3 hours from me) at 5 am yesterday. I was super upset when I called the post office and they said they were due to arrive today from 1 to 5 am instead amd they would call as soon as they opened.... Guess what. Called today the chicks haven't been scanned since 5 am yesterday and they don't understand why. They said the likelihood of them arriving today is slim to none. They can't say for sure if they will even arrive tomorrow. This makes day 4 they've been with the usps. I called ideal poultry and they are always great! They will def replace them but are afraid that they'll be so stressed some may not make it. This is devastating. I know they're chicks but it's like my children are lost in the mail. A fellow chicken mama suggested I make a thread asking for survival tips. I have a mixture of probiotic and electrolyte ready! Any other suggestions if they indeed arrive tomorrow to help them thrive? Plz help. I'd love to hear of others experience with chickens arriving late as well. Did yours pull through

Thanks for any advice in advance! Y'all are lifesavers!

Don't panic. My chicks werre scanned once the day they shipped and then the p.o. called two days layer for me to pick them up, later that day the tracking updated to show a scan when the arrived at the neartby processing center and were put on thwe truck to the local po

Don't panic. My chicks werre scanned once the day they shipped and then the p.o. called two days layer for me to pick them up, later that day the tracking updated to show a scan when the arrived at the neartby processing center and were put on thwe truck to the local po

I wish that was my case. It's been 4 days. They gotta go to Pittsburgh still I guess. Idk why they have them backtracking :(

Oh dear! That sounds like a tragedy in the making!

Your brooder is up and running I assume?
Getting them warm and hydrated will be the first things needed.

We do read often enough about late arrival chicks with most making it.

I wouldn't put much stock in the scanned package notifications being accurate. They often aren't updated until after folks have chicks in hand.

I finally have an update but have no idea what this means

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180223-112939.png
    Screenshot_20180223-112939.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 96

Back
Top Bottom