Chicks Moved to the Coop!

Quote:
They're actually just over 4 weeks old so I'm not quite comfortable with taking away the heat bulb just yet since they aren't fully feathered up. I do plan on taking it away eventually but I think I'll give it a few more weeks with the temps getting down to the 30's.

Quote:
Thanks! This is my first time raising chickens. I ordered all females but I guess I'll have to wait and find out for sure.
big_smile.png

I was a little concerned about roost height as well so I asked for opinions on a post (Playhouse Coop Conversion - Roosts Too High?) They've yet to get that high but they're already making up to the nesting boxes which are only a few inches lower than the lowest roost. They're are a few trees in the yard where they're at but no branches lower than the fence.

I'm using a 100 watt heat bulb and they seem to doing good. They huddle under it when it gets cold at night.

And thanks for the congrats! We're excited!
smile.png

Quote:
You would guess correctly Eddy except for where I ordered from.
big_smile.png
I ordered through Meyer's Hatchery, which I highly recommend. They shipped fast and arrived a safely.

Quote:
Its actually a kid's playhouse that came with the house when we moved in around 7 years ago. With the wife, and the little girl's permission, I embarked on the Playhouse Coop Conversion. It didn't really need much work but it was fun.

Back
Top Bottom