Chicks need homes, Tornado Damage-Parkersburg IA

Sent you a PM, I really dont need anymore but sure hate to see them die, I am a hour away. Jenn

if i had a means to travel that far i would take all that i could but live in tennesse.but god bless all up there,and hope you find homes for all of them.Lisa

Last edited:
Jenn,

Just send me an email when you get a chance. I just tried and could not find yours. If you don't have my email, PM me.

I can make room for quite a few. I have two rooms in the barn that are not occupied, I just need enough time to get the heat lamps in there (Since it is still so darn cold here!) I am ready to move back to Tennessee!

But on a serious note, what I can not handle I can talk to my sister-in-law tomorrow and see what they have room for. I know a couple guys at work have chickens also and they may be interested once the get a little older, I can talk them into a few bags of feed in the meanwhile.

Let me know what you need. Thanks, Tamie

Okay, been on Craigs list, added dog, want adds, and checked things out! Thank you and best of luck to those baby chicks. Breaks my heart they are so far away and I can't get to any!
roll.png

Hey Tammie, I will call in the morning and see how things are. Unfortunately if they are in the elements there might not be much hope after today and tonight. I will do my best and let you know how many they have, I dont have a ton of room but I guess it is better to have them cramped a little in protection and heat then out in the rain. I have fortunately never been in a tornado but have seen 4 since living in the country the last 8 years. I wanted to do something and I guess this is a good thing. Jenn

Send an email to me. Let me know how they are. I can take some of them if there are any left that need homes. I can get them tonight but it would be 9 or 10 pm until I could get there since I don't have the car right now. Or I could get there tommorrow morning. I have room for 100-150 of them. Give me a phone number and I can call. It's a 2 hour drive but I am very willing to drive that far to help them out.

EDIT judt ignore my email you can delete it without even reading it. I feel awful for the poor little chicks and all the people of Parkersburg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called about a half an hour ago and she said unfortunately they have all died. We received about 5 inches of rain over the last 24 hours and it was to much for them. Wish we could have worked faster..
hit.gif
Jenn

Has anyone heard anything? If they are getting the storm I'm getting right now they is no hope for them.
sad.png
I really hope a lot of people closer were able to help them out.

Jenn if you were able to get any I'll come get some. I have plenty of room.

We must of been posting at the sametime. That is so sad.
sad.png

I too wished we could of worked faster. I'm amazed they lasted as long as they did. Poor things.
Chanin

Back
Top Bottom