Chicks on the way!

lightchick

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Minnesota
Our chicks shipped a day early! I'm so excited! This is my first time having chicks shipped to me and I'm so nervous! We live 1,044 miles away from the hatchery so I'm wondering how long it will take for them to arrive? Their email said that they should arrive in about 72 hours and I'm wondering if it's usually a shorter amount of time.
How much sugar should I put in 1 quart of water?
Any advice would help. Thanks!
Is there anything else I could give them? Should I give them boiled egg and how much boiled egg should I give them? I am getting 4 chicks but the hatchery (IDEAL) is probably going to give us some extra males.
I'm ordering with a friend so we are getting 9 chicks total and we are going to split the extra males up between us. So how much boiled egg should I give them (if any)?

Congrats on ordering your chicks and good luck with them and good luck when they arrive!:) I've never ordered chicks before so I can't help with the whole arrival stuff. But as for your other ?s, give the chicks one teaspoon of sugar in their water, as soon as they arrive check for pasty butt and put then under the heat lamp. About the boiled eggs, your chicks probably won't even eat them until they age to about a month. But you can always try it!:)

Congrats on ordering your chicks and good luck with them and good luck when they arrive!
smile.png
I've never ordered chicks before so I can't help with the whole arrival stuff. But as for your other ?s, give the chicks one teaspoon of sugar in their water, as soon as they arrive check for pasty butt and put then under the heat lamp. About the boiled eggs, your chicks probably won't even eat them until they age to about a month. But you can always try it!
smile.png
OK thanks!

I put one soup spoon of sugar in shipped chickens water for the first
three days to get them moving a one hard boiled egg per 1 to ten
chicks twice a day for the first week for good health and feather
growth and also I feed Turkey Grow to get them going and the first
couple of days I mix in a little Medicated chick starter but no more
then 50-50 as I find chicks really do not like to eat the medicated
chick starter .... Probiotic & electrolyte into the water is also
recommended for a good start ...

Happy poultrying
jumpy.gif

Our chicks shipped a day early! I'm so excited! This is my first time having chicks shipped to me and I'm so nervous! We live 1,044 miles away from the hatchery so I'm wondering how long it will take for them to arrive? Their email said that they should arrive in about 72 hours and I'm wondering if it's usually a shorter amount of time.
How much sugar should I put in 1 quart of water?
Any advice would help. Thanks!
Is there anything else I could give them? Should I give them boiled egg and how much boiled egg should I give them? I am getting 4 chicks but the hatchery (IDEAL) is probably going to give us some extra males.
I'm ordering with a friend so we are getting 9 chicks total and we are going to split the extra males up between us. So how much boiled egg should I give them (if any)?
I have never ordered from Idea myself but all my orders last year arrived within 72 hrs. and I'm about as far away from anything as you can get in the continental US
roll.png
. Best of luck with your new babies!

Congrats on ordering your chicks and good luck with them and good luck when they arrive!
smile.png
I've never ordered chicks before so I can't help with the whole arrival stuff. But as for your other ?s, give the chicks one teaspoon of sugar in their water, as soon as they arrive check for pasty butt and put then under the heat lamp. About the boiled eggs, your chicks probably won't even eat them until they age to about a month. But you can always try it!
smile.png
thumbsup.gif
Good post!

Back
Top Bottom