Chicks seem werid

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are they? Chicks often won't eat for 48 hours (someone correct me if this is the wrong time frame.) after they hatch.
True.

But they should be older than that already if they’re from a feed store/hatchery.

You need to get them a bigger brooder ASAP.

The heat lamp is only supposed to shine on half of the brooder so they can get out from under it if they get too hot.
Was about to post the same thing.

Example of A correct brooder set up:
BA26B59C-FA8C-4B79-B60E-4F668F241198.jpeg

Food and Water should be out of the heat, on the opposite side, and there should be separate spaces for heat and cool.

yes I’m setting it up soon.But I’m still looking For a good one.
See article here for ideas: Setting Up A Chick Brooder

I will once I purchases it.
ASAP.

You can even set up a temporary with a cardboard box.

It is pretty obvious that the problem was and is that they were too hot in that very small thing that was being used as a brooder. It was good that you took the heat away, but if you remember no one said to take it away for long time. The best thing to have done was to make a better temporary brooder out of anything else that you could regulate the heat better. If you were not going to do that then remove the heat source "temporarily". So, yes they do need the heat but not as much as they are getting.

No but I wi

I know I’m gonna get a new bix hopefully munch bigger

But the garage is kinda cold

I moved the heat lamp 1 died and the other seems weak. They need the lamp I figured so I put the lamp back in The center. One chick is thriving but does Not eat unless I put the food in my hand she will not eat out of the feeder.
I'm so saddened to hear you've already lost one and another is dying. Please, I beg you, next time you get chicks please be prepared and have the proper set up. Move the remaining chicks to a new brooder and out of the heat. Please.

ok im going to try to sneak a picture of the brooder it’s a plastic box but bigger. I will be ordering this and it will arrive soon. I found another site we’re this is not off sale. This picture I’m using says offsale but I’m ordering form a diffrent website than the picture.

Attachments

• C6388A56-6143-4F3E-9C83-0A0119433267.png
    C6388A56-6143-4F3E-9C83-0A0119433267.png
    885.1 KB · Views: 14
ok im going to try to sneak a picture of the brooder it’s a plastic box but bigger. I will be ordering this and it will arrive soon. I found another site we’re this is not off sale. This picture I’m using says offsale but I’m ordering form a diffrent website than the picture.
For 3 chicks? It will also possibly take a while to arrive. Please go to TSC and pick up one of these

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/tuff-stuff-products-heavy-duty-oval-stock-tank-110-gal

And possibly this too.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/producers-pride-brooder-and-coop-heater

Will be way cheaper, easier, and faster, and the heat plate is healthier for them than red light. You can also make a Mama Heating Pad (MHP) too if you buy a heating pad without auto shutoff and find a frame for it. I have used those too. Premier One also has a heat plate that might be more adjustable than the TSC one. But all work great and simulate a broody hen. Gives them day/night cycles too and far healthier and happier as well as quieter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom