Chicks shipped today, but tracking # shows they won’t arrive until Friday!

That's crazy that your chicks arrived a day after your post but weren't expected for another 3-4 days. Our chicks also got shipped Priority Mail and will take over 3 days to arrive. I'm praying that they get here sooner rather than later. I've had a terrible time calling the Post Office to talk to anyone. No one is answering the phone.

I also ordered from Cackle Hatchery and they do indeed ship Priority mail and not Express (which is a 2 day guarantee). My chicks were shipped on 4/15 and arrived on 4/17 but there were some issues with the USPS tracking system and I had to call them, which is why I know how they were shipped. The USPS person was appalled that they were shipped Priority mail. I will also say that my chicks arrived on time and very healthy.

As far as I know, all the hatcheries ship priority. I'll bet express is awfully expensive.

Several hatcheries have pages explaining why. It appears the Post Office will not actually guarantee the arrival date for baby chicks!

https://www.mypetchicken.com/backya...re-delivered-a-day-late-by-the-post-H242.aspx

https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/faqwhydontyoushipchicksexpress.html

I ordered for the first time, hatching button quail eggs. I only ordered 10 eggs just to see how it goes and glad I didn’t order more. The seller got payment thru paypal and dropped off eggs at USPS the next day via priority (1-3 days). The first about 2 days, all the tracking kept saying was that the shipping label was made and called it pre-shipping. Then it changed at night on the 2nd of the eggs sitting at the same shipping facility that they would move to the next facility and gave an arrival date by 8pm, 6 days later!! I sent concerning email to USPS, no response. So I contacted seller and said to me that the eggs will come maybe a day late(in 4 days) and to stop worrying about it. A bit snippy response. I went to my local USPS and they had no tracking info any different from what I was seeing on my tracking. Also, told that priority has no guarantee for on time delivery. There was just nobody to turn to for help. Eggs shipped from LA to FL and its been hot. I am sure I wasted $ for which I haven’t much and very doubtful these buttons have any chance of successful hatching. Needless to say, that will be my first and last time I waste my $ on shipped hatching eggs. Not fair that nobody will take responsibility nor effort to help, but gladly take the money.

I ordered for the first time, hatching button quail eggs. I only ordered 10 eggs just to see how it goes and glad I didn’t order more. The seller got payment thru paypal and dropped off eggs at USPS the next day via priority (1-3 days). The first about 2 days, all the tracking kept saying was that the shipping label was made and called it pre-shipping. Then it changed at night on the 2nd of the eggs sitting at the same shipping facility that they would move to the next facility and gave an arrival date by 8pm, 6 days later!! I sent concerning email to USPS, no response. So I contacted seller and said to me that the eggs will come maybe a day late(in 4 days) and to stop worrying about it. A bit snippy response. I went to my local USPS and they had no tracking info any different from what I was seeing on my tracking. Also, told that priority has no guarantee for on time delivery. There was just nobody to turn to for help. Eggs shipped from LA to FL and its been hot. I am sure I wasted $ for which I haven’t much and very doubtful these buttons have any chance of successful hatching. Needless to say, that will be my first and last time I waste my $ on shipped hatching eggs. Not fair that nobody will take responsibility nor effort to help, but gladly take the money.
I found that USPS tracking is useful maybe half the time at best. My first shipment of baby chicks tracked perfectly and I was able to pick them up at the post office in the adjacent city within 24 hours of them shipping. The tracking info on the 2nd batch, which shipped from the same Hatchery 2 days later, was HORRIBLE. The chicks arrived at my local post office and the tracking info still showed them at a post office 3 hours away. I think whether or not the post office can help locate the package outside the tracking number depends on how often those post offices get chicks/eggs shipped through their facility. For instance, when I drove to the next city to pick up my chicks, I didn’t even have to give them my tracking number. I told them I was picking up chicks and they knew exactly where they were. They had been carrying them around listening to all the chirping. I’m sure if I went to a post office located near a Hatchery, the package of chicks would be just another package. Hopefully they still treat them with extra care, but I’m sure the novelty of seeing package of chicks has worn off.

Yeah, I am so disappointed right now. the delivery via tracking stated today which makes 6 full, hot days in transit for button quail hatching eggs. I had emailed USPS early on as I could tell just 2 days into it that there was going to be problems. My local PO couldnt get any more tracking info than I could get, but they were trying to find the package. Today was to be the day they delivered, 5/23, but just spoke with the mail person and no package. She reported to her post master who couldnt locate it either. Again, no more info than I was getting online. Also, Since the package is priority, I cant put in for the insurance since it had no guarantee of delivery date but was listed as a 1-3 day delivery.
Just emailed the seller and told this info. Not sure if they will do anything about it. Will wait for a response.
Seems Im the one out the money and just spent money on nothing. Seems that if anything live involved would really have to pay the extra for more piece of mind and less worrying. Not to mention the fired up incubator that I am sadly turning off with no babes. Sad :(

I found that USPS tracking is useful maybe half the time at best. My first shipment of baby chicks tracked perfectly and I was able to pick them up at the post office in the adjacent city within 24 hours of them shipping. The tracking info on the 2nd batch, which shipped from the same Hatchery 2 days later, was HORRIBLE. The chicks arrived at my local post office and the tracking info still showed them at a post office 3 hours away. I think whether or not the post office can help locate the package outside the tracking number depends on how often those post offices get chicks/eggs shipped through their facility. For instance, when I drove to the next city to pick up my chicks, I didn’t even have to give them my tracking number. I told them I was picking up chicks and they knew exactly where they were. They had been carrying them around listening to all the chirping. I’m sure if I went to a post office located near a Hatchery, the package of chicks would be just another package. Hopefully they still treat them with extra care, but I’m sure the novelty of seeing package of chicks has worn off.

I suspect USPS tracking info generally is not as reliable as some of the other shipping company's tracking info. At least I sincerely hope that's the case. The first time I had chicks shipped (USPS Express mail) they arrived at my post office less than 24 hours after they were sent, and I tracked them each step of the way. I'm waiting for a batch of chicks right now--also shipped USPS Express--and, according to the tracking info, they've been sitting in the Cleveland Distribution Center for 20 hours now (I'm in Boston). I'm really hoping they're they're actually in transit and someone along the way just missed scanning them.

Just wanted to post my experience here for anyone else seeking info on chicks shipping from Cackle Hatchery,

Our chicks shipped out on Monday from Cackle, headed to northern California. Monday night they got processed in MO with the update "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending" -- basically this meant it was on its way since that's the message that shows up when the USPS enters the scan sheet for multiple shipments at once. Delivery date on the USPS website was "Thursday by 8pm".

No further updates were entered until early this (Wednesday) morning. It arrived at 12:46 am to SF. By early this morning (5:15am on Wednesday) they had been scanned at the North Bay distribution center.

I thought USPS was going to call me to pick them up from the local post office, but to my surprise a postal carrier rang my doorbell at 9am and dropped a white mail bin on my doorstep with the shipping box inside of it. The bin had a "live animal" sign attached.

The tracking info later reflected that the box arrived at my local post office at 8am and went out for delivery at 8:15am.

We ordered 3 -- Buff Orpington, Dominique, Columbian Wyandotte. They sent us 6 -- 2 Buff Orpington, 3 Dominique, 1 Columbian Wyandotte. One of the buffs is not doing well but the other 5 are super healthy and started drinking/eating right away!

I was told usps is is running so behind here in TN. PRIORITY 2 TO 3 DAYS COULD TAKE UP TO AS MUCH AS TWO WEEKS. THEY SAY BECAUSE OF COVID THEY STILL HAVE PACKAGES FROM XMAS THEY STILL HAVENT DELIVERED IN SOME PLACES. I guess everyone quit their well payi g jobs during the pandemic. :eek:

I read on one site how someone ordered several different breeds that he'd never had before, and they grew like weeds, at about four months. A positive one. However, i had read some negative ones so i am here to find out what was your experiences with cackle hatchery? I planned on placing an order for 20 meat birds, two ducks and about 10 chickens. Is it possible to track it using aliexpress track order since they work with almost all carriers in the US. I need more information about the best possible way, also, info on any chicken breed, including their care, personality, likes, dislikes, egg production, etc

Back
Top Bottom