Chicks sneezing at 10 weeks old

KrystalRose

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 28, 2014
Finley, WA
I have a total of 24 chicks, they are all 10 weeks old today. When I ordered them I had them vaccinated for Mareks and Coccidiosis before they were shipped to me and they have all done really well up to now. Now I have 2 out of the 24 that are sneezing fairly consistently, they do have dry noses and normal eyes and are eating/drinking/playing like all the other chicks. We have had a couple wind-dust-rain-thunder storms this week and even though they were in the coop during the storms this is when the sneezing started. I am wondering how long is normal for a pullet to sneeze after this? It has only been the two pullets, none of the rest are showing any problems. I have a couple water dishes, one I keep with ACV and the other I keep with a probiotic electrolyte vitamin powder mix. Is there anything more I can do or just wait it out? They have a 22x22 outside run and a 8x14 inside coop so they aren't cramped and they aren't being picked on or acting lethargic, and they are the only chickens I have.

It could be the dust, and sometimes mold and ammonia fumes can cause sneezing. Make sure that your coop is well ventilated. Infectious bronchitis, a viral respiratory disease, can cause sneezing, but usually it spreads fairly quickly to many members of the flock

Thanks, it hasn't been long since I cleaned the coop but I will do it again this weekend just in case. Besides I need more brown stuff for my compost. They have 2 windows in the coop that are open all the time that give them good cross ventilation across their roosts.

Back
Top Bottom