4 week old chick sneezing

Cass64

In the Brooder
May 5, 2023
One of my quarantined sickies keeps sneezing, and a few of the healthy chicks are occasionally sneezing as well.

One in particular is sneezing a whole lot, nearly every 30 seconds or less, and I'm worried she's not able to breathe properly. I've given her VetRX but that is all I have available. I have already lost 4 of 13 chicks from unknown sicknesses, likely coccidiosis, but I don't think sneezing would be related to that.

She's a healthy chick otherwise, not the biggest but very outgoing and friendly, eats and drinks regularly. Would hate to lose her too.

If anyone knows anything please let me know, I want to nip this in the bud before she grows weaker.

I have a video of her sneezing but it is not uploading. It is a wet sneeze and sprays droplets.

One of my quarantined sickies keeps sneezing, and a few of the healthy chicks are occasionally sneezing as well.

One in particular is sneezing a whole lot, nearly every 30 seconds or less, and I'm worried she's not able to breathe properly. I've given her VetRX but that is all I have available. I have already lost 4 of 13 chicks from unknown sicknesses, likely coccidiosis, but I don't think sneezing would be related to that.

She's a healthy chick otherwise, not the biggest but very outgoing and friendly, eats and drinks regularly. Would hate to lose her too.

If anyone knows anything please let me know, I want to nip this in the bud before she grows weaker.

I have a video of her sneezing but it is not uploading. It is a wet sneeze and sprays droplets.
You can upload to YouTube and post a link here.

What bedding are you using and how often are you changing it?

Does their breathing look labored? And how are they're carrying themselves, or how is their behavior in general? Eating, pooping, running around?

You had mentioned some other chicks passing and some ideas as to why, was there anything in particular that makes you come to some of those conclusions?

Lastly, the video is great, but if you could upload some pics of them and their brooder that would also help.

Back
Top Bottom