CHICKS STILL NOT HATCHED, HOW LATE CAN A HATCH BE ?? 3 DAYS LATE NOW :0(

kays chicks

Songster
7 Years
Jul 12, 2012
Derby UK
Hi , can anyone help , i set eggs on 25th august , stop turn 12th sept so due to hatch 15th . we are now on 17th and still no sign of a pip . i have 3 eggs due today and 11 due on 19th at this rate i will be seeing the ones on the 19th . i candled on 12th (lock down day ) and there was movement so was happy that they were where they should be . has anyone had very late hatches ?? temp been stable as i have automatic incubator . just dont know what to think and feel a little worried now its 2 days late
idunno.gif

Last edited:
some do hatch late. try floating, or candling, but sometime, they can be fully grown and die.

ok thank you i will try all them but maybe leave over night and do it in the morning ?? i would be so upset if they have
hit.gif
these 3 are for my special needs neice who loves my chucks , thank god i have more as back up and i dont have to tell her if they have died . il keep you posted

I've had a chick hatch on day 25 under a hen once. Sometimes they're just a bit slow...
fl.gif

try 29th day then I will say thats too long, I will not tell your neice they didnt die, just simply they didnt hatch.
oh no i would never tell her that i have an incubator full its just the first 3 have her name in pencil on so looks like i better write her name on a few more just in case , yes thats an extra week so i would give up by then too . thanks for the advice

coming into my 3rd day late hatch ?? dont no what to think , ive got up this morning to nothing and its so fustrating
barnie.gif
cant beleive there still is no sign ??
hu.gif

I think you should float them and see if they're still alive in there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom