Chicks turning their head

BlakesWife

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Iberia Parish, Louisiana
I have some baby chicks, maybe 5 or 6 weeks old. They've been outside because temps in Louisiana are awefully warm. Guy at the feed store told me they'd be fine at this age without a heat lamp unless temps get in the 50's or so which they haven't. Got up this morning to put some more feed and water only to find two dead and one on the brink of death. I watched it turn his/her head back toward its back and eyes were closed, it got to a point where it couldn't stand anymore and just layed on it's side. Any insight as to what's wrong? I didn't give them any vaxes and am unsure if they had any. This is my first time raising chickens so I didn't even think to ask.
sad.png

Aberfitch-They are caged in and well above the ground. I have no idea what happened to the two that I woke up to find already passed away, but the one seemed totally off it's rocker. Wasn't responding well, would turn it's head back and then again, got to a point where it didn't even want to/couldn't stand anymore. So there it layed, on it's side. I picked it up and was going to bring it to the house to see if there was something I could do for it, but by the time I started toward the house, it had passed away.

Clucky--I will go check on the pupils for you right now.

Back
Top Bottom