Okay these pictures are amazing!! Hope you keep up with it! I can’t wait to see how that white Ameraucana turns out, she’s so cute!

Thanks! We are also excited to see how she will turn out- her wings are showing some darker stripes, but hoping she stays on the lighter side of coloration

Could you start a Thread on the BJG with pics of their Wings spread out?
I wonder if we can sex them at their age now.
There is the Wing trick and I wonder if it is true that you can still do it when they are a bit older.

There is the Wing trick and I wonder if it is true that you can still do it when they are a bit older.

Yes. I’m not home now, but later can do pics. Interestingly, one chick has more developed wings (just quicker in getting feathers). Also, one appears to betting a comb vs the other, although very small.

Here is the link to new wing (and comb) thread for the BJG: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wing-comb-development-black-jersey-giants.1225955/

You will see that the wing and comb development is different between both birds, so I suspect I might have one female, one male. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom