Chicks with runny poop

Hello everybody. I'm concerned about my chicken's stool. It's the first time I've seen it look like this. I'm not sure which chicken passed it, but they're all acting normally (not sick). I looked at the poop chart, but I'm still not sure what it could be. Possibly worms? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Hello everybody. I'm concerned about my chicken's stool. It's the first time I've seen it look like this. I'm not sure which chicken passed it, but they're all acting normally (not sick). I looked at the poop chart, but I'm still not sure what it could be. Possibly worms? I'd appreciate any feedback.
Welcome to BYC @Pollo pollo , how are your chickens doing?

Hi I have four three week old chicks that have runny poop there's no blood in it and my chicks seem happy and healthy except for their poop Im not sure if it happens every time they poop because I see in there litter some normal droppings but I've noticed this problem for the past week please help thanks
Glad you brought this up. I'm new to chicks, and was checking in to see if I should be concerned. There are REALLY good replys, and I now have a little confidence from all the chicken community.

Hello,

If it's a sort of diahrrea looking, dark brown or butterscotch colored, stinky, sticky poo, then that is totally normal. It's called cecal droppings. All chicks and chickens will have that, and I've noticed with my chicks, when they get excited, they poo that runny stuff quite often.

Nothing to worry about!
smile.png

Just kinda gross and stinky!
sickbyc.gif
Thank you for this comment. My chicks are 4 weeks and I see some normal poo but I’m see this pop as well. I was getting worried. Wasn’t sure if I needed to do anything besides keep everything clean.

Hello,

If it's a sort of diahrrea looking, dark brown or butterscotch colored, stinky, sticky poo, then that is totally normal. It's called cecal droppings. All chicks and chickens will have that, and I've noticed with my chicks, when they get excited, they poo that runny stuff quite often.

Nothing to worry about!
smile.png

Just kinda gross and stinky!
sickbyc.gif
My chicks are 3 months and I just realise it started to poop very eatery and clear like there are little black bits but idk what to do

Back
Top Bottom