Chicks with swollen eyes

chicksplus6

Hatching
May 19, 2015
I have a few chicks, silkies about 3.5-4weeks old, that have swollen eyes. One has eyes that are swollen shut and one has an eye that is just a little swollen. I have done some research and at first I was thinking Corzya, but they do not have any of the other symptoms. Any ideas what this might be? I have separated the 2 chicks, anything else I can do? Thank you so much for any advise!!

Where did your chicks come from? Do you have other chickens, or did they come from a place where there could have been a carrier for a respiratory disease. Do they sneeze, cough, have noisy breathing, or nasal drainage? Is there a bad odor? MG or mycoplasma can be passed through the hatching egg. You might want to get them tested by your local agriculture agent, or treat them with Tylan, oxytetracycline, or LS 50 in their water.

Thank you for your reply. I got them from a local breeder. The only symptom I notice is the eyes, none of the other symtoms you mentioned. I will try your suggestions, thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom