Children's Playhouse - Is it adaptable for good coop?

PlentywoodFarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Gainesville, Missouri
Hey guys,

Well, I posted yesterday about the coop I was planning on buying from Craigslist, and I am so glad I did because you guys let this chicken-newbie know that it was WAY too small for my six chicks I have in the brooder now. So, after a little panic attack, I'm now onto plan B.

I found this structure that was built as a children's playhouse. It is listed for $350, and I would need to travel about two hours to pick it up, so I am hoping for some more wonderful advice before I put down the cash and make the trip.

Here is the description:
"CHILDREN'S PLAYHOUSE. THIS PLAYHOUSE IS APPROXIMATELY 7'X 7' WITH A GAMBREL, SHINGLED ROOF. IT NEEDS A FEW REPAIRS, WHICH ARE RELATIVELY EASY FIXES. IT HAS ONE WINDOW IN THE REAR, AND A PLACE FOR A WINDOW IN THE DOOR. IT HAS A SMALL LANDING ON THE FRONT, AND PAINTED WOOD SIDING. ALL AROUND. IT WAS WIRED FOR LIGHT, INSIDE AND OUT. THE LANDING FLOOR NEEDS TO BE REPLACED, AND A PIECE OF DRYWALL ON THE INSIDE IS MISSING. A LITTLE TLC WILL MAKE THIS A NICE A FUN PLAYHOUSE FOR YOUR LITTLE ONES. IF INTERESTED, CALL ME. THANKS FOR LOOKING. I CAN LOAD THIS BUILDING ON A TRAILER, OR TRUCK. MAKE OFFER or might trade for guns, reload"

We aren't incredibly handy with carpentry work, but I think we would be able to make the improvements, put a fresh coat of paint on it and add a run. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Jessi

buy it! Buy it now or I will!
lau.gif

OK!! I'm going to call today to see if they still have it! My husband is gone for the weekend, so we couldn't pick it up until next weekend, but maybe they will hold it for me? I hope so... I think it could be pretty cute when spruced up a bit.

Well, he still has it. So, we'll probably go look at it next weekend, and hopefully bring it home. My husband is away for the weekend, so I haven't been able to talk to him aout it yet. He is the one that is most picky, so let's keep our fingers crossed that he likes it!

That is SO cute!!!! I'd buy it in a flash and paint it traditional barn colours.

Let us know if you get it! x

Well my husband went and looked at it, and unfortunately it was very rotten and in pretty bad disrepair. So, were gonna skip on it. Too bad, it would have been one super cute coop.

Hey guys,

Well, I posted yesterday about the coop I was planning on buying from Craigslist, and I am so glad I did because you guys let this chicken-newbie know that it was WAY too small for my six chicks I have in the brooder now. So, after a little panic attack, I'm now onto plan B.

I found this structure that was built as a children's playhouse. It is listed for $350, and I would need to travel about two hours to pick it up, so I am hoping for some more wonderful advice before I put down the cash and make the trip.

Here is the description:
"CHILDREN'S PLAYHOUSE. THIS PLAYHOUSE IS APPROXIMATELY 7'X 7' WITH A GAMBREL, SHINGLED ROOF. IT NEEDS A FEW REPAIRS, WHICH ARE RELATIVELY EASY FIXES. IT HAS ONE WINDOW IN THE REAR, AND A PLACE FOR A WINDOW IN THE DOOR. IT HAS A SMALL LANDING ON THE FRONT, AND PAINTED WOOD SIDING. ALL AROUND. IT WAS WIRED FOR LIGHT, INSIDE AND OUT. THE LANDING FLOOR NEEDS TO BE REPLACED, AND A PIECE OF DRYWALL ON THE INSIDE IS MISSING. A LITTLE TLC WILL MAKE THIS A NICE A FUN PLAYHOUSE FOR YOUR LITTLE ONES. IF INTERESTED, CALL ME. THANKS FOR LOOKING. I CAN LOAD THIS BUILDING ON A TRAILER, OR TRUCK. MAKE OFFER or might trade for guns, reload"

We aren't incredibly handy with carpentry work, but I think we would be able to make the improvements, put a fresh coat of paint on it and add a run. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Jessi

Click on the My Coop link under my photo. I converted a playhouse to a coop. And this playhouse is a LOT nicer than what I started out with!

Back
Top Bottom