China's going nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, of course it matters how much it spreads, where, how fast, how many affected. That's the whole point.

Why? Why does it matter? The flu spreads every year and people just deal with it. Why don't we get all phobic when that happens?

They ARE allowed food. Didn't you post a video of them hoisting food up in buckets, and bags for those in the apartments? Yes, you did. For those living in houses, one person per household, is allowed to go shopping once a week for their families. As to the old man "just getting sunshine", I'm not sure that's why they hauled him off. Where was his mask? Had they told him previously to go inside, and he refused?

There will be a small percentage of the population that either lack the mental capacity, or simply won't obey the protocols. They have to be dealt with too.

Elderly people with health issues don't matter? I think some of those people might feel differently. Their friends and families as well. Since it's the elderly and sickly that actually die, the rest can walk about without impunity? How is that even remotely ok? What if the virus killed your elderly mother or your infant child who hasn't built an immune system yet? Would that be ok or would you be upset?

Do you go through this every year with the flu?

Why? Why does it matter? The flu spreads every year and people just deal with it. Why don't we get all phobic when that happens?
It matters. MERS, also a corona virus that jumped from animals to humans, has a 30 to 40 percent mortality rate. That's as bad as the Spanish Flu.

This isn't influenza. This particular virus appears to have mutated from bats in order to infect humans. I find that terrifying.

What makes it more worrisome than influenza? The flu kills lots more people every year than this thing has. Maybe don't worry so much about the bat soup horror stories and watch what the virus itself does? So far the only alarming thing I'm seeing is China's heavy-handed response that is based on fear and very little evidence. .

What makes it more worrisome than influenza? The flu kills lots more people every year than this thing has. Maybe don't worry so much about the bat soup horror stories and watch what the virus itself does? So far the only alarming thing I'm seeing is China's heavy-handed response that is based on fear and very little evidence. .
They're doing the responsible thing based on fear? Remember MERS and SARS? MERS in particular had a high mortality rate. That's nothing to be flippant about. The governments of the world need to take this seriously and stop it now. A few people crying because they can only go grocery shopping once a week and have to wear a mask is no reason to put the rest of the herd at risk.

They're doing the responsible thing based on fear? Remember MERS and SARS? MERS in particular had a high mortality rate. That's nothing to be flippant about. The governments of the world need to take this seriously and stop it now. A few people crying because they can only go grocery shopping once a week and have to wear a mask is no reason to put the rest of the herd at risk.

You can't stop something that supposedly spreads weeks before symptoms appear. Impossible. It's ridiculous to shut down a country, disrupt the entire world economy and cause such huge human suffering just because somebody imagines something bad might happen.

You can't stop something that supposedly spreads weeks before symptoms appear. Impossible. It's ridiculous to shut down a country, disrupt the entire world economy and cause such huge human suffering just because somebody imagines something bad might happen.
The authorities don't agree with you which is a relief to me. It's only 14 days, weeks yes but only 2. It can be stopped...again SARS and MERS. There is a precedent here.

The authorities don't agree with you which is a relief to me. It's only 14 days, weeks yes but only 2. It can be stopped...again SARS and MERS. There is a precedent here.

Well if you're happy, I'm happy

pwp3jo2mbwhof5e29ac0d1727f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom