Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

That's rotten luck Raven
sad.png
I hope they can get it out to you or you can find an alternative in time.

Quote:
I should be "hatching bunnies" just about that time
smile.png
....Does that count???? I wanna I wanna, but please give me the set date and I'll bake the hubby like all his fav cakes and we'll see!!!!
Debbie, do a duck hatch!!!! I know some one who has duck eggs....
smile.png

Oh I'm tempted. Why did I open this thread....Must go sell some chickens, no more coop room!

Love, prayers and hugs to all! Nancy
----------------------------------------------

Our current auctions:

Bonus Lavendar Orpington Eggs & 10+ Blue/Black/Splash Orpington Eggs
10+ Blue Cooper Marans & Splash Marans (Mostly Blues!) eggs
12+ Buff Orpington Hatching Eggs
10+ Crested and Non Crested Pekin Duck Eggs - No Reserve!

Quote:
I'm so sorry about his job!

It's tough here too since my husband died. Seems everything he did in his life amounted to nothing at the end. He was our only means of support and he liked it that way. This year I have to figure out how to go on with what we wanted and to just pay the bills. Plus babysitting for my grand daughter that we were raising. I used to have a daycare and just couldn't do that again, but man are they costly when you need to use them.

I don't know what eggs are going to be like around here by then, but if I have some I can send you some.

Thank you Ma'am, but, its ok. I got plenty I could set if I needed!!! I've got a bunch of pullets laying, so the eggs are there, just gonna hold off hatching a bunch of extras till things stabilize, to help control the feed bill a bit. I really do appreciate the thought though
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
What sucks the worst, I had to cancel an order of hatching eggs from Bill Braden, for more Delawares
th.gif
That was a real kick in the britches. I'm just gonna wait and work with what I got for this year.
fl.gif

Oh, it amounted to more then that
wink.png
And you seem to be doing a terrific job with everything, and Ive been sending nuthin but good vibes and prayers your way
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I've actually just picked up my ordered eggs from the PO this morning... they'll be going in the bator this afternoon. The other paid for batch might arrive later this week.... gonna wait and see. I won't be too far behind yall!!!
clap.gif
And.... I've convinced DH building a huge cabinet style bator would be a big help, especially with staggered hatches. We've got all the material already, just gotta get to it!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
I don't know if there's a Whole Foods market in your area, but the Whole Foods here in Sacramento also sells fertile eating eggs.

I think there's a whole Foods in Portland. 4 hour drive, though, so I think it'd be easier to have someone ship me TJ eggs.

A good way to get some Leghorn Pullets, though.

I am going to back out of our participation in this particular hatch but will participate at the Easter hatch. Our little mini-incubator came yesterday. We tested it overnight, and it held the temps really well. We're just too excited to wait until the 13th to put our first eggs in! Soooo we're gonna set our eggs probably Saturday or Sunday. Our bator only holds 3 eggs, so hopefully all 3 will hatch & will all be pullets.... right??? LOL!

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Quote:
you can still participate, you will just hatch them a bit earlier than the rest of us. About 4 days to be exact. Come hang out and post about your hatch.

I will not be joining the hatch because I will be setting my eggs tomorrow, Jan 7th BUT, if there is anyone who would like to join in but don't have eggs, I have extras that I will not be able to fit into the bator.. If you would be willing to pay shipping (flat rate 12x12x6 from USPS), I would be willing to send the eggs out to you on monday, Jan 10th.. ! I will continue to gather all eggs until monday morning. If you would like, I can send them out overnight also and can let you know how much the shipping would be.. I am in NC so if you live within a few states from me, you should get them in time to let them sit and join the hatch.. Otherwise, you may want to go with overnight... I've had people on here help me out by sending me eggs and would like to help someone else out! I will ONLY send you the freshest eggs, as i will be setting the eggs I've been gathering for the last 7 days! The first one to email me will be the one to get the eggs unless you let me know ahead of time that you would be willing to split them evenly with one other person.. Also, these are NOT pure breeds... The chicks would be mutts but my girls are all awesome layers!!!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

All of you impatient hatchers need to just join in anyway and stop opting out. We're short on hatchers as it is.

Quote:
Yes, I agree! Join in this hatch even if you are a week or a few days off of the 13th or 14th set date (forgot which one it is
tongue.png
) NYD hatchers all set at the same time and had chicks hatching over a week apart. So I really don't think it matters if you set the exact time and day as the others. If my eggs come early that I ordered I may set a little early too because I want them to be fresh.

It is fun to hatch-a-long even if the dates are off. So join us!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom