Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

I locked my bantam Wellies down with this hatch last night.

Humidity is running a little high. I'm using cartons. Hope that helps.

I set 48 Marans eggs and 1 AM in the wee hours of the night for a Feb 21 hatch.

Something around here better peep!

I'm going blind staring into the bator.

lol you know what i was sitting here thinking while i was staring into my incubator... "why dont i ever have those 18 day hatches!" I feel like i'm trying to use the "force" and force those babies out! I'm going to pick up my grandma and she is coming to stay with me till friday morning. I hope they hatch tomorrow or thursday so she is able to see. She is very excited about it! I try to act like its no big deal but i dont want her to know how excited i am about it lol haha
gig.gif
There rocking so i hope they are planning the escape! Although this weather is tough... my old heater doesn't keep the house super warm so i have extra little heaters going all over
barnie.gif
just two more days ya?
he.gif

Wolftracks..what happened to the baby?

Poppi has not delivered and belive she overheard me say I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon............
Pretty sure she will deliver when I am gone from the housee
lol.png

Guess I am OK on lockdown day.at least no one said different.
And really, what difference would it make now anyway.can't go back and redo it.
Seems to be going Ok. Humidity a tad high but I am not going to sweat it.
More concerned about making it worse if I mess with it.

Now you all have gotten me excited.getting my aerobics between checking the bater and going to the barn, then back to the bater.
Told my hubby dinner is soup and sandwiches tonight.
Later:fl

Oh my eyes.
ep.gif
LOL! Still staring here, nothing happening. I see some rocking so that is good. The drawbacks of working at home are that I have way too much time to watch eggs sit. It's too cold and snowy outside to go do anything to kill some time so here I sit and watch.
duc.gif

Short break from homework. I have following, but not posting much. I went into lockdown on Sunday evening. Hopefully they will do well, but this is the first time I have locked down in this incubator and I lost more humidity than I expected. It was at almost 40 this morining, so I added again and covered the other main hole. There are small holes on each so it should get enough airflow. I dont think my quail are going to hatch though. I set the eggs the same time as the chicken eggs and put them into lockdown on Friday. They hit 17 days yesterday, so they get a couple more days, but I am seeing nothing. Well, at least the homework is keeping from having a flat nose for now. I don't even the homework will be able to keep me away on Thursday though.

Congrats on the hatches and pips so far and good luck to everyone that everything continues well.

Quote:
Was it a porous egg?

no it wasnt a porous egg. it was one of the splash orpys eggs & all but 1 developed & half way throu this one quit obviously due to the mold in the airsac i couldnt find any cracks in it & it was a fairly thick shell i should have taken pics.

We've got two tiny little pips!! Hope they make progress before the kids get home from school.. This is the first time any of my kids have watched chicks hatch so they are almost as excited as I am..
wee.gif

i think i saw 1 rocking im soo excited. & i think everyone else here is getting excited to. my mum keeps going & checkin on them now
lau.gif
gig.gif
which is weird coz she was against me making a bator & gettin eggs but i showed her what my cochins should look like & now she wants some
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom