Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

I took time away from staring at bator to make the daycare kids lunch and then I checked the incubator and...............

I HAVE 4 PIPS all at once!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

One is already trying to zip!

Finally some action here.

hu.gif
There's chickies everywhere.

Where are my pips and peeps?

All is quiet and they're in cartons again, so no movement..

fl.gif
chickies by tomorrow

Quote:
Well not sure who would sell those down here. Our winters normally are mild with a few freezing days scattered through the season.
Hopefully it won't get as bad as they predict on the news.
The Brinsea holds temps well so I may wrapp some towels around it for warmth if we get affected by an outage.

i still have nothing no pips no peeps no rocking, i think i may have imagined the rocking yesterday.
i am away most of the day today so heres hoping i have something when i get home
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Temp dopped to 98 while I was gone.....................
So, even though I do not believe this iss a problem.
I'll blame the lack of action on this............
GEEEEEEZE.NOTHING HAPPENING
th.gif

I have 2 out of 12 so far. No more pips or peeps, nor more nothing. I'm hoping these 2 will wake the others up and get em moving. These are my 2 little fuzzy butts so far:

63578_img_0921.jpg

63578_img_0928.jpg

63578_img_0929.jpg

63578_img_0935.jpg

By the way they are BLRW (Blue Laced Red Wyondotte)

13/17 hatched. One died in shell (saw it oozing, pulled it out and opened in a baggie just to see.. was not a bomb). I still have three eggs in the bator - candled - two have aircells, can't see movement or a pip, but nothing obvious that says 'dead' yet.. One egg is all dark. Could be dead chick pipped into aircell, could be egg bomb. Leaving those in a bit longer. No peeping from those, so I am thinking they are duds, but doesn't hurt to keep them in.. unless that one dark one goes boom.
tongue.png

This mornings egg update is nothing happening. Not feeling confident I'll get anything this hatch.
sad.png

Been fighting to keep the temp stable with the insanely hot weather we've been having so I'm not entirely surprised. Just bitterly disappointed to lose the only one that was hatching.
sad.png

I have no pips, no cheeps and no movement. *sigh* Oh, and it's day 22 for me in 3 hours.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I hope something hatches and surprises you! I see you are joining the Easter Hatch too.

Back
Top Bottom