Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

The sad thing is I just bid on more eggs.....
barnie.gif

congrats to all on the healthy fuzzies.

I said I was going to wait till the Valentines Day hatch to try again but the cheap local mutt eggs are calling my name...
I'll have the banties out of the brooder by the time they'd hatch...
This addiction is going to drive my DH crazy!
lol.png

Mind you, I did tell him I was disappointed about losing this lot because I'd planed to sell them and he perked up with...

Him: "Sell them? For money?"
Me: "Yeeeeees, what else?"
Him: "Oh, you better put some more in then"
Me:
th.gif
"Yeah, I better, good idea Honey"
wee.gif
woot.gif

He's happy 'cause he thinks it was HIS idea!
gig.gif

Hey guys, I need some advice... My latest chick that hatched about 4 hours ago has a problem with its feet. At first I thought it was just from being new hatched and maybe it still is... but I just got home and after 4 hours, its feet still curl up. Sometimes, they go out flat like the should, one more than the other.. He's still wobbly so maybe it will be fine in the morning..

What do you all think? I have never had a chick with feet like this... should I worry? do anything? He's still in the bator with one other chick that hatched about an hour before he did.. will leave them there till morning and hopefully be able to put them with the others.

Here's a picture..
72494_102_2569.jpg

Had to help a shrink-wrapped chick, which had zipped almost all the way 'round the egg but got stuck at that point. When I carefully chipped at the shell, there were no adhesions - just tight membrane all along the zipped line. Yup, it had to have shrink-wrapped when I took the 9 chicks out. That's when I discovered the covered up, shrink-wrapped egg. After I moistened the membrane with hot water from a Q-Tip, and tugged very carefully at the torn edge of the membrane, the chick kicked mightily and tore the softened portion open. Then it unfolded. Back into the incubator with another newly-hatched, damp chick.

4 eggs left. Even if they don't hatch, I've got 14 live chicks. I guess 18 went into lockdown, not 16.

Doesn't matter: lots of great babies! Mostly LF "designer" chicks, colorful egg layers. Plus a couple of little bantam cochins.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom