chinese no name incubator

Did you change any of the alarm settings etc does your humidity go straight up?
Yes I had too. It was going off when it dropped passed 45% and I wanted to try a dry hatch since one of my babies drown last time. I have it set to go off at 30% now. It hasn't given me to many problems. I have not had issues with it running high unless one of my kiddos add water when they shouldn't. You should get a second hydrometer though. Those are known for being wrong from the research I have done on them. I got a second one and when the incubator was telling me it was at 60% my other one said 78%. I am only in my second batch in mine so we will see if the running it dry will help. So far so good. On day 7 and their air sacs look so much better this time.

I've ordered a hygrometer and had to add a little water earlier

I have ordered a 2nd incubator

would it be okay to add both types to my current one and when the other one arrives on Thursday to transfer these over to the new one?

Or would it be best to keep them until the new incubator arrives

Thanks again

I'm on day 5 and the temperature has dropped on external hygrometer to 36.4 should I leave it or bump it up seems occasionally to goto around 37.6

Last edited:
I'm on day 5 and the temperature has dropped on external hygrometer to 36.4 should I leave it or bump it up seems occssinky go to around 37.6

How long has it been at that? I don't adjust it until about a day, because sometimes there will be fluctuations, especially if you have it in a room that has windows with sunlight coming in. I found the best place for mine was in the closet because that remains relatively constant.

ETA mine is a different chinese incubator, but still all plastic like that, and I kept mine in the styrofoam that was in the box and cut holes where the air vents were and drilled more vents into it.

Last edited:
I think it's since nightfall I will keep an eye on it tommorow when temperatures pick up

I have it in the Styrofoam to and placed the external probe in the middle of the incubator

Last edited:
Before I moved it to the closet I was in the habit of upping the temp about a half a degree (F) at night and lowering it back down in the morning to compensate. That was during the summer though, but maybe there is the same amount of fluctuation during the winter. That was on my Farm Innovators which uses F. So, on a C thermostat that would be like putting it up to 37.8 at night to compensate and then back to 37.5 during the day. Keep an eye on it first to see if that might be necessary. I think even under a broody the temp will drop at night a bit if its cold out.

Yeah I suppose they will have fluctuations ill keep an eye out

What do you keep your humidity at?

Yeah I suppose they will have fluctuations ill keep an eye out

What do you keep your humidity at?

For chickens, I usually dry incubate with a minimum of 20% and then for hatch I like mine high, about 70% so I can open it up and take them out as soon as they are moving around enough. I have had hatched chicks knock over pipped ones can cause them to suffocate so I like to avoid that, and they dry off faster under a lamp. I do wait until I have two to take out together so they won't get lonely. I can't remember what humidity is like here in the summer, maybe the 70s and 80s as we are coastal, some days probably in the 90's. I just checked the weather and it says its 37% but I think normally this time of year it is in the 40's and 50's. My house is in the mid 40s but in the incubator it is usually in the 20's with no water (strange how that happens, I guess the heater just dries it out of the air somehow).

Back
Top Bottom