Chinese Painted (Button) Quail..........Share Your Pictures!!!!

Yeah I had to have a look at the pic closer lol..... when I hatched some chicks they all turned out male!
he.gif
rant.gif
poor things they can't help it!

Aw sorry about that, do you hatch many quail?... oh thats right because they all look kinda same when they're babies so you have to wait for them to grow up!

Yeah, I said ooooo this is a female and this one is too! lol I wanted them all to be female! But all boys and my pic on page one is my only quail left! And I know normal males crow until they die of grief of not having a female! But Tiger is different! Lets just say he is being chased by a guinea pig and then he suddenly stops and goes to sleep! LOL its soooooo funny! He loves cuddles!

Yeah I love him, he is a unique specimen! lol Yes they call for females till they die from grief!
sad.png
For instance I gave my friend two males and they kept them well and they went away to somewhere (not long) came back to see they had both died at the same time and males fight but that wasn't that that they died from! It was weird coz they had only seen their foster mum!
12 eggs in an incubator and 6 hatched and one got taken by a weasel
rant.gif
somad.gif
and 2 went to my friend and after they died another pair went to my friend and they died! And 2 I kept (Tiger and Penguin) lol and my old female quail. I went away for a week and someone came in to look after them often and they had food and fresh water but I didn't know I had to have more than one female for my male......so he overmated her.....and she was exhausted.....and my baby bird died when I was away because she missed me! And I showed Penguin that she had died, he was so sad that he laid himself down and died too!
hit.gif
But Tiger was fine with my company coz he was separate from the others!
roll.png
Its pretty sad! xx
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom