Chips and angel wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bt03

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Over the rainbow...
I have a question about angel wing. My baby Chips looks like he has the start of this condition. I have had him on a low protein feed since he was about 2-3 weeks old. His brooder mate, Dips, is perfectly fine just smaller than your average duck (has been since we got him/her). I first noticed the wing on Saturday and did extensive research and found that taping the wing down is the only way to treat it, but that is the problem. No mater what I do he wont keep the bandage on I have tried every day and the wrap is off in less than an hour. I don't want to try anything that will pull out his feathers but will he be ok if we don't get him fixed? I was told he is a Khaki Campbell and I don't believe he is a flying breed. Any other suggestions that I could do to make his wing straight, or should I just leave him be?

Chips is the one in front

81328_dscf2073.jpg

It's hard to see in the picture. Is it only the right wing? It might just be normal feathers growing in. If angel wing is only in one wing it's almost always the left. I was given a ruen with the start of angel wing and I've always regretted that I didn't work harder to fix it. I did a goose recently and it took three days for it to be fixed. I used vet tape that sticks to its self. On the edge just barely touching the feathers I put some medical tape.

There are some really good sites - I only wrapped the wing.

Good luck, I can't tell from the picture if it sticks out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom