Chocolate/Mauve Ameraucana color project~ BeakHouse

May be too hot to ship some places but I'm sorting through getting ready to move to next gen on the choc/mauve SiAms. These will be the last offered until I am ready to release them. I have a pen of this spring's breeders 1-3 pairs - all splits, if someone wanted on board with the project. Also 2 blue cockerels I kept in a back up pen that are likely silkied splits and 50/50 split for choc $20 each on those. Have quite a few blue and splash splits chicks and juvies available. Am NPIP AI Monitored and can ship to most states - cool packs and watching the temps to work around the heat. Sorting through the next couple days so I'll have a better idea of what is available. Pls PM with interest or questions.

I won't be selling eggs on the next gen going forward - chicks and juvies will go to auction or occasionally offered through website.

Last edited:
Just an update on my project with Chocolate and Mauve Ameraucanas.

July 2015. This year I had tried to save a black split for chocolate rooster to use over black hens but he did not work out. I had 2 chocolate roosters and 2 mauve hens, 2 black hens, 2 chocolate hens, 1 blue and 1 splash so I left them all together and hatched out about 50. I gave 3 dozen eggs to a neighbor and I have yet to see what he hatched.

Here are some pictures from today. I had a tail feather cannibal when I was out of the country for 2 weeks

but I moved them out onto pasture so now they have 1/3 of an acre to roam during the day and I'm curious to see what their tails look like coming in.

I still see a fair amount of orpington but I have 9 Black Ameraucana from John Blehm so am hoping for a good black rooster to use later this fall over the chocolate hens to try and get a better split chocolate/black to use for next spring with the black hens.

Egg color so far has been a bit light so I am hoping to get a better blue next year.

It is nice to see other's progress. I am just starting my Chocolate project. I have 4th Gen chicks from a Choc roo over black and blue hens. They are beautiful. I will be breeding these, along with pure blacks, and hatching chicks to get to the next generation. My aim is to have 3 separate pens next year, each to produce a certain color chick. I am hoping to bring in some quality black stock early next year to breed my 5th generation chicks to.

Think this is the time of year when people are evaluating their grow outs for next breeding season. Then there's molt and a laying strike happening for most people I think. Other than Jean with her LF and Bantam chocs looks like TattooedMama and myself have been working on chocolates the longest. I know in my own program when I get back to full choc cockerels there is still a higher incidence of single combs and even wattles popping back up to deal with. So a lot outcrossing for type still going on and use of split cockerels and choc pullets at this point. I've 3 pens for choc and started one for choc cuckoo. Mostly my chocolates are also tied to the silkied feather project, Have been patiently waiting for Jean to get to where she can share some straight LF choc again for some time for a straight pen of chocs. There is a fellow that sells from the same birds he got from her early on but I'd rather have access to her knowledge and progress made in the several years elapsed. Like to see TMs birds and progress!

Hello all! I have found myself falling in love with the Ameraucana breed and I have decided to try my hand at a SiAm project starting in the spring! I'm hoping to work with BBS and Choc/Mauve and maybe even Cuckoo Lavender. I'm glad I found this thread. I hope to update you all with my efforts soon. I just need to find a Choc Roo hopefully with the silkie mutation or split for it.

The cuckoo/lav you'll only want to use black based birds - not BBS. There's a few of us working on them. The choc/mauve I'm sitting on and not quite ready to release yet. Last year and into this was outcrossing. I have my prev gen paired down to a single pen as backup. The breeding pen the gen before that I sold to someone wanting to work with them. Going forward with 2 pens, one where the roos have been or are outcrosses and another where the females have been or are out crosses. Few splits but most are choc and or silkied.

The cuckoo/lav you'll only want to use black based birds - not BBS.  There's a few of us working on them.  The choc/mauve I'm sitting on and not quite ready to release yet.  Last year and into this  was outcrossing.  I have my prev gen paired down to a single pen as backup.  The breeding pen the gen before that I sold to someone wanting to work with them. Going forward with 2 pens, one where the roos have been or are outcrosses and another where the females have been or are out crosses.  Few splits but most are choc and or silkied. 

Thanks! We actually talked about this on Facebook haha. You are very helpfull. I think if I hatch BBS SiAms I will sell or trade my Lav and Black/lav girls. And then I will only work on the one color until I can house the different colors separately. If I can't get a decent set then I will use them to try and make fluffy EES until I can save up to get chicks that are BBS. I'm excited either way. I know my goal will be many years in the making but I am pretty determined. Thank you again for your tips and help, I look forward to showing you guys my babies when I batch them.

Back
Top Bottom