Choking on Diesel Fumes *Update Page 6*

Here we are in September of 2013 and i'm still having problems with the idiot neighbors next door. i was working in my office, which faces the street, and there is a commercial vehicle next door just idling away. Since we are in a cul-de-sac, it's just about 20 feet from our window. i can see the neighbor inbetween the truck and car in his driveway, working on the car, just his feet. i go out and call over that he isn't supposed to idle a commercial vehicle in a residential neighborhood for over five minutes. Well, out comes his father, red faced, beer in hand, yelling at me to mind my own business, and that i'm the witch of the neighborhood. He comes right up to my face yelling the same thing over and over, trying to intimidate me (obviously, that is how he handles women in general). i tell him he isn't going to intimidate me and that i'm not going to mind my own business because his fumes are effecting the whole neighborhood. He staggers over to the truck and turns it off. But . . . now i see where the son gets it. Utter disregard for women, probably utter disregard for anyone who doesn't let him do exactly what he wants. Sad.

So, no more trying to reason with unreasonable people. i called the Sheriff's Dept and got some great information. i'll be making phone calls on Monday.

From my own observations, and we have two diesel vehicles, it's the poorly serviced diesel engines that create noxious fumes enough to disturb other people.

Goodness, what horrible neighbors you have! I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.
sad.png
Hope you get it figured out!
BTW, you cold always put a banana up the tailpipe......
devil-0004.gif

http://www.straightdope.com/columns...otato-in-a-cars-tailpipe-will-the-car-explode

I have heard that a truck that isn't serviced properly will release more fumes. That may be the case with his personal truck. But there is no reason to let a commercial vehicle just run while you jawbone with your son. It's frustrating. I don't want animosity with my neighbors. Just want to breath.

There are a lot of laws regarding air pollution. In our village it is illegal to burn leaves or garden wastes. Several folks are on a main road and burning junk close to the street - the police drive by and don't see a thing. The smoke travels a couple blocks at least and has startled me on more than one occasion when I smelled smoke in the house and the garage was full of it. I didn't realize at first it was coming from outside.

Cars have to pass emission tests etc. That guy and his dad are a real PAIR. I won't say of what.

How scary! i was the victim of an apartment fire once. Someone set the garbage can beside the porch on fire in the wee hours of the morning. It spread like crazy. i lost everything except the robe on my back and my cat. So, yes, that smell strikes fear in my heart, too.

Back
Top Bottom